Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Eric Ladouceur <la...@yahoo.com> on 2008/10/17 16:59:56 UTC

Runtime project properties not available for goal assembly:assembly

Hi all,

  I am using the buildnumber-maven-plugin (version 1.0-beta-1) to get a revision number from my SVN repository and use it for my jar's finalName.  This buildnumber plugin stores the revision number in the project properties.  This plugin works well with the maven-jar-plugin, but not with the maven-assembly-plugin.  When the jar:jar goal is called, I can get the property ${buildNumber} (project property used to save the SVN revision), but when assembly:assembly is executed, I get 'null'.  I have tried to debug the code and noticed that the LifecycleExecutor is cloning my MavenProject and storing the SVN revision inside a property of that cloned project.  Then that cloned project is set as the executionProject of my original project.  When assembly is called, my buildNumber property is not available since it is only stored inside the executionProject.

Question #1: Why can maven-jar-plugin see buildNumber and not maven-assembly-plugin?
Question #2: What is the cause of my problem?  Should the buildnumber-maven-plugin store the property elsewhere, or use a different configuration....  or is the assembly plugin (or maybe maven-core?) not checking the executionProject when it should be?

I am not sure who holds the responsability, so feel free to educate me!

Thanks a lot,
Eric

http://mail.yahoo.com