Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org> on 2013/07/09 04:25:29 UTC

Re: GSOC Progress?

The spike of enthusiasm quickly spurred down. Am i looking in the wrong svn repo and JIRA, Airavata ones do not show any gsoc contributions yet.

Suresh

Re: GSOC Progress?

Posted by Subho Banerjee <su...@gmail.com>.
We also had a little discussion about the toolchain to be used for the
front-end code (HTML, CSS, JS) to provide a build system of sorts for the
front end (to do minification, optimization, linting etc).

The two frameworks that we were considering were - Yeoman[1] and Brunch[2],
both of these perform a very similar task and there is very little to
distinguish between them.

>From my understanding the only limitation of Brunch is that it lacks a
package manager (ie. a piece of software that takes care of all frontend
dependencies of css and js libraries say like jquery and maintains them at
the latest version).

We would really like your input on what you think should be used. Here are
some links that might be useful[3][4].

[1] www.yeoman.io
[2] www.brunch.io
[3] http://www.tehhayley.com/blog/2012/brunch-vs-yeoman/
[4] https://github.com/brunch/brunch/issues/408

Cheers,
Subho

Re: GSOC Progress?

Posted by Subho Banerjee <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I would just like to suggest that we each keep our html files and then put
everything together at the end when the entire application is prepared.

Cheers,
Subho.

Re: GSOC Progress?

Posted by Sanchit Aggarwal <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shameera

I also think it should go under model directory as it directly deals with
the context of data.
Lets have others opinion also on this.

Regards
Sanchit Aggarwal

On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerainfo@gmail.com

Re: GSOC Progress?

Posted by Shameera Rathnayaka <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sanchit,

Re: GSOC Progress?

Posted by Amila Jayasekara <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: GSOC Progress?

Posted by Sanchit Aggarwal <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Amila

Re: GSOC Progress?

Posted by Shameera Rathnayaka <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Amila,

Re: GSOC Progress?

Posted by Amila Jayasekara <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Below svn structure is now in
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/airavata/sandbox/gsoc2013.

Also may I know what you meant by "vendor" ?
Further where are you going to place  tests cases in below svn structure ?

When submitting patches please let us know where to place code.

@Shameera : I see you have submitted a js file as a patch to [1]. Please
let me know where to place the file in below svn structure and great if you

Re: GSOC Progress?

Posted by Sanchit Aggarwal <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Re: GSOC Progress?

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Hi All,

Re: GSOC Progress?

Posted by Sanchit Aggarwal <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Re: GSOC Progress?

Posted by Danushka Menikkumbura <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Re: GSOC Progress?

Posted by Shameera Rathnayaka <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Best Regards,
Shameera Rathnayaka.

Re: GSOC Progress?

Posted by Vijayendra Grampurohit <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Hangout session :Tue, July 9, 10:30 PM IST

Please join at
https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/3969afab5a6d2f6af3a4e237e7037c7bd2484084?authuser=0&hl=en

Regards
Vijayendra