Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Farrell, Sarah" <SF...@ftenergy.com> on 2001/04/17 03:06:32 UTC

I need a working mod_jk.so for Linux

I have read in the email list archives that other people are having problems
with the mod_jk.so downloaded from apache.org for Linux.  When I use it in
apache (in the httpd.conf file) I see the error below on apache startup:

"Syntax error on line 240 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
API module structure `jk_module' in file /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so
is garbled - perhaps this is not an Apache module DSO?
/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started"

So, as suggested, I tried to build my own.  I downloaded the Tomcat source
and used the Makefile.Linux under the
.../jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1-src/src/native/apache1.3/ directory.

I can build all of the object files, but I'm having some sort of problem
when linking....

So then I circumvented the makefile and used the command:

"/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs -i -a -c mod_jk.c gcc -fpic -DSHARED_MODULE
-I/usr/local/apache/include -c mod_jk.c ld -Bshareable -o mod_jk.so
mod_jk.o"

(after copying the ../jk/* files to the apache1.3 directory for simplicity).

So I'm still unable to link.  The output from the above command is:

"gcc -DLINUX=22 -DUSE_HSREGEX -DUSE_EXPAT -I../lib/expat-lite -DNO_DL_NEEDED
-I/usr/local/apache/include  -c mod_jk.c
gcc -DLINUX=22 -DUSE_HSREGEX -DUSE_EXPAT -I../lib/expat-lite -DNO_DL_NEEDED
-I/usr/local/apache/include  -c mod_jk.c
  -o mod_jk.so mod_jk.o mod_jk.o gcc -fpic -DSHARED_MODULE
-I/usr/local/apache/include -c ld -Bshareable -o mod_jk.so mod_jk.o
apxs:Break: Command failed with rc=255"

So, can someone please point me to a *working*, precompiled mod_jk.so file
for Linux?  I've spent quite a bit of time on this today.....

Thank you!!
Sarah

Re: I need a working mod_jk.so for Linux

Posted by Sam Newman <sa...@stamplets.com>.
Yowser! I have downloaded a version a few days back which works fine (from
apache.org). Do you want me to mail it to you?

sam

Posted by James <ja...@webfocus.com>.
Sarah,

What version of Linux OS & Kernel and Apache are you using

I think I have what you are looking for.

James