Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Tom Maccariella <tm...@sengen.com> on 2001/02/28 22:18:02 UTC

data-sources for oracle

Simple question:  I'm trying to test an oracle database connection via the
<data-sources> configuation settings.  Below is a sample from my
struts-config.xml file:

------------
<struts-config>
	<data-sources>
		<data-source
			autoCommit="true"
			description="Oracle Sample"
			driverClass="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
			maxCount="4"
			minCount="2"
			password="user"
			url="jdbc:oracle:thin:SERVERNAME:1521:SID"
			user="password"/>
	</data-sources>
</struts-config>
------------

where SERVERNAME is the hostname of the database server
and SID is the oracle sid

This produces the following exception:

------------
action: Exception initializing application data source
org.apache.struts.action.DATA_SOURCE java.sql.SQLException:
The Network Adapter could not establish the connection

-Tom
---
Tom Maccariella
sengen