Posted to community@apache.org by Jeffery Painter <pa...@kiasoft.com> on 2009/10/22 14:51:17 UTC

Re: Why no Academic discounts taken up at ApacheCon? Come and help us address this at Barcamp Re: ACUS registration report [20091021]

Well, the conference is during a week while most of us are in class. That
may be one of the major factors influencing the lack of academic
registrations.

--
Jeffery Painter

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
2009/10/22 Jeffery Painter <pa...@kiasoft.com>:

> Well, the conference is during a week while most of us are in class. That
> may be one of the major factors influencing the lack of academic
> registrations.

That counts for students and some lecturers, I agree. I wouldn't
expect students to
attend at cost anyway. I'm hoping we will get students/lecturers to BarCamp and
MeetUps.

However, there are a great many staff in universities who do not have
anything to do with teaching - like me for example.

Ross