Posted to general@portals.apache.org by Vivek Kumar <fi...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/18 10:38:17 UTC

[VOTE][Canceled] Release portals pom & Release applications pom

Hi

I want to thank David Jencks and others for there constructive feedback
and support.

I've now canceled the voting on both the portals pom and applications
pom until these issues are fixed.
I'll update the poms with the suggestions given by every body.

I'll restart the voting on these poms (together), once we've determined
if/how to proceed with the
Nexus release procedure.

Thanks for helping out and the improvement you've contributed already!

Regards,
Vivek

Re: [VOTE][Canceled] Release portals pom & Release applications pom

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
I've managed to find out some more information, hopefully mostly
accurate :-)

1. Some nexus configuration is needed to be able to stage and release
through nexus.  This activity is being coordinated through https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-1896
.  We should
- vote to use nexus for releases
- open an infra issue saying so and link to the vote thread (compare https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-1915
  ) and link back to INFRO-1896

2. We can't have the same artifacts available from both nexus and the
old p.a.o repo.  However we can move stuff over one sub-project at a
time if that works better.  e.g pluto has to move all at once but
pluto can move separately from jetspeed.

So, I'm pretty sure we can use these parent poms and the new
application as a test to make sure we understand how to do this
without risking an established project.  We can then work on migrating
the larger projects...

Sound good?

many thanks
david jencks