Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com> on 2004/07/07 13:35:25 UTC

namespace problem

I have a strange problem with namespaces:

This XPath works just fine for querying

/A:article/lenya:meta[wf:state='review' and B:issue-planned]

but as soon as I replace B by A, resp. use the folowing XPath

/A:article/lenya:meta[wf:state='review' and A:issue-planned]

then I receive the following error

trying to register database
org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException:
Error executing XPath query: Programmer's assertion in getNextStepPos:
unknown stepType: -1
        at
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.xmlrpc.CollectionImpl.runRemoteCommand(CollectionImpl.java:119)
        at
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.xmlrpc.CollectionImpl.query(CollectionImpl.java:515)
        at
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.XindiceCollection.query(XindiceCollection.java:259)
        at
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.services.QueryService.query(QueryService.java:90)
        at
org.apache.xindice.tools.command.XPathQuery.execute(XPathQuery.java:75)
        at org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLTools.execute(XMLTools.java:293)
        at org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLTools.process(XMLTools.java:171)
        at org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLTools.main(XMLTools.java:82)
ERROR : org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: Error executing XPath query:
Programmer's assertion in getNextStepPos: unknown stepType: -1

Any clue what might be the problem?

Thanks

Michi

Re: namespace problem

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Michael Wechner wrote:

> I have a strange problem with namespaces:
>
> This XPath works just fine for querying
>
> /A:article/lenya:meta[wf:state='review' and B:issue-planned]
>
> but as soon as I replace B by A, resp. use the folowing XPath
>
> /A:article/lenya:meta[wf:state='review' and A:issue-planned]
>
> then I receive the following error
>

> trying to register database
> org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException:
> Error executing XPath query: Programmer's assertion in getNextStepPos:
> unknown stepType: -1
>        at
> org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.xmlrpc.CollectionImpl.runRemoteCommand(CollectionImpl.java:119)
>
>        at
> org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.xmlrpc.CollectionImpl.query(CollectionImpl.java:515)
>
>        at
> org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.XindiceCollection.query(XindiceCollection.java:259)
>
>        at
> org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.services.QueryService.query(QueryService.java:90)
>
>        at
> org.apache.xindice.tools.command.XPathQuery.execute(XPathQuery.java:75)
>        at org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLTools.execute(XMLTools.java:293)
>        at org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLTools.process(XMLTools.java:171)
>        at org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLTools.main(XMLTools.java:82)
> ERROR : org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: Error executing XPath
> query: Programmer's assertion in getNextStepPos: unknown stepType: -1
>

> Any clue what might be the problem?

I don't have any. Check exception on server side, may be it will help...
And... patches are welcome :-)

Vadim