Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by huanchen <ia...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/17 04:33:00 UTC

About Random walk with restart

Hi,

I did not find any documentation about random walk with restart which is implemented in mahout 0.6.

Any one has any experience with RWR ?

Specifically, how to set the weight of edges in the graph?

Any information would be helpful.

Thank you !

Best,
Huanchen

2012-05-17

huanchen

Re: About Random walk with restart

Posted by Nick Pentreath <ni...@gmail.com>.
You could also look at spark and it's implementation of Google's Pregel:

https://github.com/mesos/spark/wiki/Bagel-Programming-Guide

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Re: About Random walk with restart

Posted by huanchen <ia...@gmail.com>.
Many thanks ! I will do a research on these projects.

2012-05-21

huanchen

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org>.
Giraph is an implementation of Google's Pregel system and only applies
some tricks to use Hadoop as infrastructure.

You should have a look at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GIRAPH-191 coincidentally more
people are interested in RWR!

--sebastian

On 19.05.2012 09:40, Huanchen Zhang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you. I will look into it.
>
> Here I am a little confused: isn't Giraph also based on Hadoop? If so, how Giraph solved the 'Hadoop lacks efficient execution of iterative algorithms' problem ?
>
> I'm new to Hadoop ..
>
> Thank you !
>
> Best,
> Huanchen
>

> On May 17, 2012, at 7:11 AM, Sebastian Schelter wrote:
>
>> It is usable but it is unfortunately very slow because Hadoop lacks
>> efficient execution of iterative algorithms.
>>
>> Implementing RWR in Giraph is really simple, I can help you with that.
>> Am 17.05.2012 15:57 schrieb "huanchen" <ia...@gmail.com>:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Is the RWR implementation in mahout 0.6 usable ?
>>>
>>> Or what problem it has?
>>>
>>> If this implementation is usable, I will avoid reimplement it...
>>>
>>> Thank you !
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Huanchen
>>>

>>> 2012-05-17