Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Ning Shi <ni...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/06 14:19:09 UTC

Live configuration change

In the job I'm implementing, there are a couple of configuration
variables that I wnat to change at runtime, such as rate limit at the
Kafka source. I know it's possible to use a control stream and join it
with the normal stream to configure things in certain operators, but
this doesn't work for the source. Is there any other way to configure
settings at runtime?

Ning

Re: Live configuration change

Posted by Ning Shi <ni...@gmail.com>.
> On Nov 6, 2018, at 4:22 PM, Elias Levy <fe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Also note that there is a pending PR to allow the Cassandra sink to back pressure, so that the cluster does not get overwhelmed.

Yes, I’ve been following the development on that pull request. Unfortunately, we have to go live very soon so we can’t wait to leverage that, but it’s definitely a very nice feature to have.

Thanks,

—

Posted by Elias Levy <fe...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ning Shi <ni...@gmail.com>.