Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Lu...@circuitcity.com on 2002/08/01 18:12:49 UTC

Re: Are there any browser based configuration tools for log4j config files?

Here are a few open source tools that edit XML from a browser, but I have not used them to validate capabilities/reliability.

XOPUS
http://www.q42.nl/products/xopus/

BB-XEDIT
http://sourceforge.net/projects/bb-xedit/

Luc Bell

Eric Gilbertson <er...@pervasivesec.com> on 08/01/2002 10:50:34
AM

Please respond to "Log4J Users List" <lo...@jakarta.apache.org>

To:   "Log4J Users List" <lo...@jakarta.apache.org>
cc:

Subject:  Are there any browser based configuration tools for log4j  config
      files?

Log4J Users:

Anyone know of an browser based tool for the editing of XML based
log4j configuration files? Ideally this tool would provide a tree view of
the
category hierarchy with the ability to modify appenders and category
settings.
Searching the archives I did come across "configLog4j" (free download
available
at www.jahpy.de/configLog4j), but this wasn't quite what I was looking for.

TIA,

Eric Gilbertson
ericg.gilbertson@pervasivesec.com

For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:log4j-user-help@jakarta.apache.org

Re: Are there any browser based configuration tools for log4j config files?

Posted by Eric Gilbertson <er...@pervasivesec.com>.
Luc:

Thanks for the tip. I will check them out. I was thinking though more of
a  tool
that was specific to the configuration of log4j. I've yet to see a generic
XML editor
that I felt was intuitive enough to present to a non-XML conversant user.

Regards,

Eric Gilbertson