Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jeff Emminger <je...@jeffemminger.com> on 2003/11/01 18:28:28 UTC

Re: where to put tapestry.jar?

very much a newbie...

Well, I think I figured it out for the most part:  Tomcat won't start if
I put commons-digester.jar in tomcat/common/lib, so I moved everything
to the context's web-inf/lib.

I do have one question though:  if this is the correct way to do it, am
I to include this action (copying these files to web-inf/lib) as part of
  my ant build, or is Spindle supposed to do it?

thanks
Jeff

Re: where to put tapestry.jar?

Posted by Harish Krishnaswamy <hk...@comcast.net>.
There is actually another place in Tomcat where you can put stuff common
to all webapps and that is the shared/lib.

I don't think Spindle has anything to do with deployment. It is a
development tool from what I know. Ant would be your deployment tool.

-Harish

Re: where to put tapestry.jar?

Posted by "Kevin C. Dorff" <kd...@dorffweb.com>.
First: my experience has shown me the best bet, if you are using Tomcat
4.1, is to put all of the Tapestry jar's (and oracle jars, etc.) in

    <tomcat>\Shared\Lib

You are right in saying common\lib won't work with Tapestry. The Tomcat
documentation suggests shared\lib is the right place, as well.

Second, Spindle doesn't move jars. It would be part of your ant build
not something Spindle is responsible for. But like I said, put them in
shared/lib and you don't have to worry about it.

Kevin