Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Ol...@lakeviewtech.com on 2004/06/01 17:16:39 UTC

Maximized Views in XSL/Velocity Portlets?

I am writing an XSL document to transform an existing XML document to
XHTML, but I cannot find a way to specify a different "view" when the
portlet is maximized.  For example, in normal mode, I only want the
portlet to show summary information.  When maximized, I want to show much
more detailed info (i.e. point to a different XSL document for the
transformation.)  Is there a simple way to do this (ideally without
writing any code?)  I have looked around for the answer to this, but
haven't found anything.  I know I could write a new XSL ViewProcessor
which may also take a "maximized" init parameter - and point to a
different XSL document, but I am trying to avoid writing code if this
logic has already been done somewhere.

While I'm at it, I have the same question for Velocity-based portlets.  Is
there an easy way to specify a different view of a maximized portlet here
(i.e. a "maximized" template which shows much more detailed information
than the "normal" template?)

BTW, I am using the binary distribution of Jetspeed 1.5.

Thanks in advance,

Eric Olson

Re: Maximized Views in XSL/Velocity Portlets?

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Jun 1, 2004, at 8:16 AM, OlsonE@lakeviewtech.com wrote:

> I am writing an XSL document to transform an existing XML document to
> XHTML, but I cannot find a way to specify a different "view" when the
> portlet is maximized.  For example, in normal mode, I only want the
> portlet to show summary information.  When maximized, I want to show
> much
> more detailed info (i.e. point to a different XSL document for the
> transformation.)  Is there a simple way to do this (ideally without
> writing any code?)  I have looked around for the answer to this, but
> haven't found anything.  I know I could write a new XSL ViewProcessor
> which may also take a "maximized" init parameter - and point to a
> different XSL document, but I am trying to avoid writing code if this
> logic has already been done somewhere.

Not supported, have to write code, something like

if (jetspeedRunData.getMode() == JetspeedRunData.MAXIMIZE)
{
	// use the maximized transform for this media type
}

> While I'm at it, I have the same question for Velocity-based portlets.
>  Is
> there an easy way to specify a different view of a maximized portlet
> here
> (i.e. a "maximized" template which shows much more detailed information
> than the "normal" template?)

again not supported

I think its a great enhancement.
The support for templates/transforms is based on media type only.
The portlet mode could be used to find the template
Please create an issue in JIRA.
Let us know if you are willing to supply to a patch