Posted to user@struts.apache.org by th...@webmd.net on 2002/03/06 18:06:44 UTC

Forcing a form-reload OR a select Options reload

Is  there a way to cause an html select control to "reload from a different
collection" -OR- to "update the collection and have the html select be
refreshed"?

If I have:
     labelProperty="label"/>

Can I automatically repopulate the psindustrytype collection if the user
clicks on a checkbox on the form?    Is there a way to do this without
having to resubmit the form?     I am guessing not....

Another approach would be to have a javascript function (that gets called
when the user clicks on a checkbox) call an Action.   Is the best way to do
that in Javascript use use the "self.location=WhateverActionToCall"????

thanks,
Theron