Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com> on 2012/01/06 14:26:01 UTC

proposals for new/revised logo images

Hi,

I somehow lost the threads regarding the proposal for new/revised logo images.

As far as I can see we have the following wiki pages containing proposals for
new/revised logo images:
[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOOLogo+proposal
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Application+Branding
[3] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Logo+Proposals

Did I miss any further proposals?

My current preference is [2] with a minor adjustment:
The text 'incubating' gots a lot of attention. For our users the status of our
project is not as such much important as for us. From my point of view it could
cause confusing as the current placed and colored text looks like a sub title.
I propose to put the text 'incubating' into brackets, color it grey, make it
non-italic, may be decrease the font size and right-align it with the rest of
the text.

Best regards, Oliver.

Re: proposals for new/revised logo images

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
On Jan 6, 2012, at 5:26 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I somehow lost the threads regarding the proposal for new/revised logo images.
>
> As far as I can see we have the following wiki pages containing proposals for new/revised logo images:
> [1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOOLogo+proposal
> [2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Application+Branding
> [3] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Logo+Proposals

If we are referring to the website using http://openoffice.org on this material then we must do one of two things ASAP.

(1) Use www.openoffice.org urls.

or

I think we need to proceed with (2) in the next couple of weeks.

Regards,
Dave