Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Benjamin Mahler <bm...@apache.org> on 2016/03/22 07:15:10 UTC

Filing bugs and flaky test tickets

Folks,

Our JIRA volume is very high and I'm finding that important bugs and flaky
tests are getting lost in the noise. When filing a bug or a flaky test
ticket as a dev in the project, it's critical to 'git blame' the code to
determine who is responsible for it, in order to notify them of the issue.

If you're finding that folks are not following up on fixing test flakiness
and keeping their components bug-free then please surface that to the list,
sometimes things slip through the cracks and we definitely want to follow
up and keep the quality high.

I excluded the user list here because this is likely too much to ask of
users. We've been thinking about how to ensure that issues coming in from
users are correctly triaged and dispatched to the folks that should be made
aware of them.

If anyone knows of ways we could potentially use JIRA better here (e.g.
fine-grained email notifications (i.e per component, per issue type, etc),
periodic reports, etc) that would be great.

Ben

Re: Filing bugs and flaky test tickets

Posted by tommy xiao <xi...@gmail.com>.
+1