Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by hwellmann <ha...@multi-m.de> on 2010/10/18 11:40:19 UTC

Jackrabbit on App Server with JCA

There is little documentation on how to use Jackrabbit in a Java EE web app
using the JCA resource adapter, so I'm currently experimenting by trial and
error to get things working.

My setup:
- Glassfish 3.0.1
- jackrabbit-jca-2.1.1.rar

First of all, I'm not sure which properties to set on the resource adapter.
There are

RepositoryURI
HomeDir
ConfigFile

I found examples using a URI "jcr-jackrabbit://jackrabbit", but I have no
clue what that is supposed to mean - a protocol "jcr-jackrabbit" talking to
a host called "jackrabbit"?

I'm currently using RepositoryURI=file:/path/to/my/repository, HomeDir and
ConfigFile are unset, and this seems to work well with the default
auto-created repository.

Next question: What is the best practice for using a repository from a
stateless session bean? This is what I'm currently doing:

@Stateless
public class SimpleJcrService {

    @Resource(name = "jcr/MyRepo")
    private Repository repository;

    public void businessMethod() {
            SimpleCredentials credentials = new SimpleCredentials("user",
"passwd".toCharArray());
            session = repository.login(credentials);

            // do some work

            session.save();
            session.logout();
    }

That's four lines of boilerplate code per method, which I'd like to avoid.
Is there a way of directly injecting a Session instead of a Repository
(similar to @PersistenceContext vs. @PersistenceUnit in JPA)?

Best regards,
Harald