Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> on 2001/03/23 20:07:05 UTC

Re: Struts, velocity, turbine, jetspeed, lions, tigers andbears... oh my

on 3/23/01 4:14 AM, "Ted Husted" <hu...@apache.org> wrote:

> Jon Stevens wrote:
>> Quite a lot of the concepts in Struts are simply borrowed from patterns that
>> Turbine has been using from day one. Actions are a good example of that.
>
> Apparently, the W3 consortium is also borrowing for Turbine
>
> < http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/interact/forms.html#adef-action >
>
> -Ted.

Project A: Turbine
Project B: Struts

I didn't say that A invented it.

But, I am certainly saying that having two projects within Jakarta that use
the same exact design patterns to do the same exact things is silly.

Especially given that B was started under the notion of creating a shared
system instead of competition.

-jon

your pain to new levels. --Anonymous