Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by abangkis <ab...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/18 05:03:12 UTC

migrating from T4.0.2 to T4.1.5 problem

Hi,

i'm trying to migrate my application from using Tapestry 4.0.2 to
4.1.5. I fix the problem that rises, remove tap4 library from my
tomcat shared lib, copied tap4.1 library to my tomcat shared lib, and
re-deploy it in my local computer, and it work fine. But when i try
deploying the application to my hosting server using the same method,
i've this error message :

javax.servlet.ServletException: Unable to construct service
tapestry.page.PageSource: Error building service
tapestry.page.PageSource: Error at
jar:file:/usr/local/shared/tomcat/mreunion/shared/lib/tapestry-framework-4.1.5.jar!/META-INF/tapestry.page.xml,
line 25, column 81: Unable to initialize service
tapestry.page.PageSource (by invoking method initializeService on
org.apache.tapestry.pageload.PageSource):
org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericKeyedObjectPool.setMinIdle(I)V
	org.apache.tapestry.services.impl.WebRequestServicerPipelineBridge.service(WebRequestServicerPipelineBridge.java:65)

I try looking athe tapestry.page.xml line 25, it contins

<set-service property="propertySource"
service-id="tapestry.props.ApplicationPropertySource" />

my first guess was the error got something todo with my .application
file , but after i look at my .application file i didn't see anything
wrong with it. My .application is this :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE application PUBLIC
  "-//Apache Software Foundation//Tapestry Specification 4.1//EN"
  "http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/dtd/Tapestry_4_1.dtd">

<application>
value="com.cie2.mreunion.ui.tapestry"/>
value="com.cie2.mreunion.ui.tapestry.Visit"/>
</application>

anyone know whats the problem ?

TIA

abangkis

Re: migrating from T4.0.2 to T4.1.5 problem

Posted by abangkis <ab...@gmail.com>.
hi marcus, thanks. I'll try that.

the shared library thing happened because the application is still
updated regularly using a war file. Including the library in the war
will increase the file size significantly.

Posted by Marcus Schulte <et...@googlemail.com>.