Posted to triplesoup-dev@incubator.apache.org by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com> on 2007/02/12 15:33:27 UTC

Welcome to triplesoup!

Hi all!

Infrastructure
  * An account request for Alberto is pending (should go through
within a few days, as root@ gets around to creating a batch of
accounts), an account request for Andrea will be sent as soon as he
lets me know his preferred userid, and an account for Dave is held up
over some legal stuff between his employer and the ASF (which might
take a few weeks to resolve, I'm afraid). All our other initial
committers had accounts already :-)
  * We have a jira project set up:
    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRIPLES
    A bunch of you don't have accounts there yet (you can create
    a jira account yourself), so we can't grant you "developer"
    jira karma just yet, but just holler here as you start needing
    it
  * We have an SVN repository waiting for attention:
    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/triplesoup/
  * And a website waiting for attention:
    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/triplesoup/site/
    http://incubator.apache.org/triplesoup/
  * there's some more basic stuff coming, like a wiki

Code donations
--------------
  * hopefully Joost will get the paperwork for libb sent by today,
which, once recorded by the ASF secrary, will allow us to import the
initial code drop into the ASF repository.

  * the donation of RDFStore is pending a response to a question I
sent Cliff Schmidt (apache's VP of legal affairs) about how to handle
a grant from multiple independent parties. If I don't hear something
definite by the end of the week we'll start an import without the
grant (since its already apache-licensed) and deal with it later.

  * I just pinged David about sending a grant for mod_sparql; don't
know the detailed status.

Incubation
committers, inviting people onto the "PPMC", and such and so forth):

   (1) Keep
          http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/site-
author/projects/triplesoup.xml
       up-to-date
   (2) send a report once every three months to the incubator PMC
according to the schedule at
          http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ReportingSchedule

There's a lot of stuff on the incubator website about how apache
projects operate. The two important pages to start from are

          http://incubator.apache.org/guides/committer.html
          http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html

Now what?
---------
My main focus for the first while is going to be getting all our
infrastructure nicely in place, sort out the code donations (on the
ASF end) and some initial repository structure, i.e. a bunch of
boring stuff that's not so easy to figure out at apache that I've
done before and have access to machines for :-)

Beyond that, I know *I* am not all that ready to write loads of C
(pending getting our infrastructure set up, I've been trying to hack
together some more extensive test suite setup, but its not exactly
pretty), so really its up to you guys!

happy hacking!

- Leo

Re: Welcome to triplesoup!

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
On Feb 15, 2007, at 6:57 PM, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Leo Simons wrote:
<shtuff/>

> Maybe it's easier if we have todo list somewhere?

Sure! Try

     https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?
reset=true&&pid=12310620&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=ASC

:-)

- Leo

Re: Welcome to triplesoup!

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.