Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by tanzir <ta...@customercaresolutions.com> on 2012/11/09 00:25:19 UTC

Zookeeper client exception when executing any command in client

This is my configuration file:

    tickTime=2000
    initLimit=20
    syncLimit=5
    dataDir=./store/data
    clientPort=2181

    server.1=A:3181:4181
    server.2=B:3181:4181
    server.3=C:3181:4181
    server.4=D:3181:4181
    server.5=E:3181:4181

After this, I started all of the servers. Then I started client in one of
those nodes. It shows connected but as soon as I enter any command it threw
exception and stopped.

    WatchedEvent state:SyncConnected type:None path:null
    [zk: 127.0.0.1:2181(CONNECTED) 0] ls /
    2012-11-08 22:35:01,418 [myid:] - INFO
[main-SendThread(localhost:2181):ClientCnxn$SendThread@1083] - Client
session timed out, have not heard from server in 20000ms for sessionid
0x13ae22116e50001, closing socket connection and attempting reconnect

    WATCHER::

    WatchedEvent state:Disconnected type:None path:null
    Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$ConnectionLossException:
KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss for /
        at
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:99)
        at
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:51)
        at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.getChildren(ZooKeeper.java:1463)
        at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.getChildren(ZooKeeper.java:1491)
        at
org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeperMain.processZKCmd(ZooKeeperMain.java:725)
        at
org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeperMain.processCmd(ZooKeeperMain.java:593)
        at
org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeperMain.executeLine(ZooKeeperMain.java:365)
        at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeperMain.run(ZooKeeperMain.java:323)
        at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeperMain.main(ZooKeeperMain.java:282)

- Required ports are open (2181, 3181, 4181)
- myid is being placed and has correct id corresponding to IP address
- Java version: java version "1.7.0_09" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment
(build 1.7.0_09-b05)

Any idea whats going on?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Zookeeper client exception when executing any command in client

Posted by Brian Tarbox <br...@gmail.com>.
I've also noticed that 3.4.4 fails every time I run it (against a 3.4.4)
cluster, but running the 3.4.3 client works every time.

--
http://about.me/BrianTarbox

Re: Zookeeper client exception when executing any command in client

Posted by Tadeusz Andrzej Kadłubowski <tk...@wp-sa.pl>.

Posted by tanzir <ta...@customercaresolutions.com>.
Thanks a lot Skye. You are right. I was using 3.4.4. I thought the issue I
was facing might be related to server configuration or zoo configuration,
didn't think about JVM version! After downgrading  my java version to 1.6
(Sun) it worked as expected. Thank you once again, appreciate it.

- Tanzir

Re: Zookeeper client exception when executing any command in client

Posted by Skye Wanderman-Milne <sk...@cloudera.com>.
What version of ZooKeeper are you running? Running version 3.4.4 with Java
7 can cause the kind of issue you're experiencing. Try using Java 6 (from
Oracle, OpenJDK experiences the same issues as Java 7), or try running the
ZooKeeper 3.4.5 release candidate at
http://people.apache.org/~mahadev/zookeeper-3.4.5-candidate-1/ (or wait for
the official release).

Skye