Posted to user@struts.apache.org by petchia <pe...@yahoo.com> on 2007/08/27 16:16:46 UTC

[OT] how to process emails automatically??

I'm having trouble finding a solution to a problem I need to solve and
thought I'd ask the always knowledgeable Struts list.

I need to setup a system that can process emails and their attachments
automatically. Basically, I need a piece of software that will run every
time an email is sent to attachment@company.com. The software should store
the attachment somewhere on the server file system and possibly put some
data in a database.

I know there is software out there to do this, but I'm having a hard time
finding it on Google. Anyone else done this before or know of software that
does it?

Regards,

-Bill

Re: [OT] how to process emails automatically??

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/8/27, petchia <pe...@yahoo.com>:

> I'm having trouble finding a solution to a problem I need to solve and
> thought I'd ask the always knowledgeable Struts list.
>
> I need to setup a system that can process emails and their attachments
> automatically. Basically, I need a piece of software that will run every
> time an email is sent to attachment@company.com. The software should store
> the attachment somewhere on the server file system and possibly put some
> data in a database.
>
> I know there is software out there to do this, but I'm having a hard time
> finding it on Google. Anyone else done this before or know of software
> that
> does it?

Apache James with a Mailet, possibly:
http://james.apache.org/