Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by je...@bull.net on 2007/07/05 08:30:17 UTC

Réf. : Missing JMX.jar in Tomcat 5.5.23?

Hello,

maybe you have to download from here but I'm not sure

http://java.sun.com/javase/technologies/core/mntr-mgmt/javamanagement/download.jsp

                      Jesse Barnum
                      <jsb_tomcat@360w         Pour :   Tomcat Users List <us...@tomcat.apache.org>
                      orks.com>                cc :
                                               Objet :  Missing JMX.jar in Tomcat 5.5.23?
                      05/07/2007 02:05
                      Veuillez
                      répondre à
                      "Tomcat Users
                      List"

When I try to embed Tomcat 5.5.23 into my application, I get an error
message about a missing MBeanRegistration (see stack trace at end).
It seems like I need JMX.jar. This document ( http://
tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/realm-howto.html ) states that "you
will need the JMX jar and the commons-logging jar (either commons-
logging-api.jar or commons-logging.jar). Both of these are included
with the Tomcat distribution", but I don't see JMX.jar anywhere in
the core distribution.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/
management/MBeanRegistration
             at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass
(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
             at
java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:251)
             at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:55)
             at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
             at
sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:274)
             at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)
             at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass
(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
             at
java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:251)
             at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:55)
             at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
             at
sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:274)
             at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)
             at
com.prosc.servlet.embedded.TomcatWrapper.start(TomcatWrapper.java:
75)
             at com.prosc.servertoolbox.plugin.ServerToolboxModel.start
(ServerToolboxModel.java:25)
             at com.prosc.servertoolbox.plugin.ServerToolboxModel.main
(ServerToolboxModel.java:36)

--Jesse Barnum, President, 360Works
http://www.360works.com
(770) 234-9293

RE: Réf. : Missing JMX.jar in Tomcat 5.5.23?

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: jean-louis.mateo@bull.net [mailto:jean-louis.mateo@bull.net]
> Subject: Réf. : Missing JMX.jar in Tomcat 5.5.23?
>
> maybe you have to download from here but I'm not sure

The necessary classes in jmx.jar are part of the standard 1.5 JRE.  If you're using an older JRE, you can find jmx.jar in the JDK 1.4 Compatibility Package on the 5.5 download page.

 - Chuck