Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Suncatcher16 <su...@outlook.com> on 2017/04/27 15:53:18 UTC

Connection error. No logs.

I have following error when I try to connect to RDP host.

<http://apache-guacamole-incubating-users.2363388.n4.nabble.com/file/n863/Capture334.png>

There is no logs in rsyslog from guacd, but guacd is running. Where should I
search?

Re: Connection error. No logs.

Posted by Suncatcher16 <su...@outlook.com>.
Excellent! Finally it works. My RDP host was unreachable, and also I had to
disable certificate.
Many thanks for assistance.

Re: Connection error. No logs.

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
On Sun, Apr 30, 2017 at 9:34 AM, Suncatcher16 <su...@outlook.com> wrote:

>> The best debugging tool in this case would be a native RDP client.
>
> Well, with my proficiency level in Linux and adm tools, I think it's
> impossible :) How can I run Windows native RDP client on a AWS server via
> SSH?

You wouldn't run it on the AWS server, but rather establish a
connection to the AWS server via SSH. SSH clients can be configured to
set up tunnels over which you will be able to establish the
connection. If you only have access to Windows machines, Putty is
capable of this.

You would need to set up a "local" tunnel forwarding an unused port,
say, 33899, to the address and port of the RDP server. It will not
matter that the IP address of the RDP server is on a network reachable
only by the AWS server, because it will actually be the AWS server
making the connection on your behalf. Connecting to localhost:33899
using a native RDP client on the computer running the SSH client will
(through the SSH tunnel) effectively establish a connection to the RDP
server in the private network.

>> Alternatively, simply pinging the RDP server using "ping" from the same
>> machine as guacd can be helpful
>
>  But i run Guacamole on an AWS server and my RDP host has grey IP alike
> 192.168.X.X.
> I think it won't be reachable from outside.

You can run ping from within the Guacamole server.

> Should all hosts in connection have external IPs or LAN?

No, this is unnecessary. The only machine that needs access to the RDP
server is the server running guacd. As long as the Guacamole web
application is somehow publicly visible, it will be able to provide
access to servers on private networks reachable by guacd.

>> For testing purposes I created SSH-connection and saw following lines in
>> log:
>> 16:01:55.264 [Thread-25] ERROR o.a.g.w.GuacamoleWebSocketTunnelEndpoint -
>> Connection to guacd terminated abnormally: Connection to guacd timed out.
>> 16:02:25.624 [Thread-28] ERROR o.a.g.w.GuacamoleWebSocketTunnelEndpoint -
>> Connection to guacd terminated abnormally: Connection to guacd timed out.
>> 16:09:35.736 [http-nio-8080-exec-4] ERROR
>> o.a.g.w.GuacamoleWebSocketTunnelEndpoint - Creation of WebSocket tunnel to
>> guacd failed: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection
>> refused)
>> 16:09:39.962 [http-nio-8080-exec-10] ERROR
>> o.a.g.w.GuacamoleWebSocketTunnelEndpoint - Creation of WebSocket tunnel to
>> guacd failed: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection
>> refused)
>> 16:09:40.656 [http-nio-8080-exec-1] ERROR
>> o.a.g.w.GuacamoleWebSocketTunnelEndpoint - Creation of WebSocket tunnel to
>> guacd failed: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection
>> refused)
>> 16:33:17.697 [Thread-13] ERROR o.a.g.w.GuacamoleWebSocketTunnelEndpoint -
>> Connection to guacd terminated abnormally: Connection to guacd timed out.
>
> Does it mean your assumption about WebSocket is correct?

"Connection refused" and "Connection to guacd timed out" suggests that
guacd isn't running.

>> Do you see any errors in your browser's JavaScript console (or the network
>> tab of your browser's dev tools) regarding WebSocket failures?
>
> As I understand it my browser accesses only Guacamole server and guacamole
> webapp which runs on 8080 port. It shouldn't see guacd. Or I am wrong?

You are correct. My theory regarding the problem you're seeing deals
only with the WebSocket connection to the Guacamole web application. I
see the "user not responding" message logged by guacd as a symptom
supporting that theory, not as an indication that the problem lies
with guacd.

> To what does this WebSocket error relate to: to the Guacamole server(AWS in
> my case) or to my browser?

The WebSocket error that you're seeing has nothing to do with the
browser, but rather indicates that guacd is not reachable on the
Guacamole server side - likely not running. As guacd was handling
connections previously, this most likely means that you simply forgot
to start guacd again after temporarily running it in the foreground
during debugging.

Again, guacd is not publicly visible (and should not be). It is used
internally by the Guacamole web application. When you connect to
Guacamole using your browser, it then connects internally to guacd,
forwarding communication to guacd on your behalf once guacd has
succeeded in connecting to the remote desktop.

- Mike

Re: Connection error. No logs.

Posted by Suncatcher16 <su...@outlook.com>.

Re: Connection error. No logs.

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
On Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 11:09 AM, Suncatcher16 <su...@outlook.com>
wrote:

> > "User is not responding" means that the user's side of things (the
> > Guacamole client) is not sending messages to the
> *
> > server
> *
> > , at least as far as guacd can tell.
>
> By server here you mean Guacamole server or RDP host I connect to? Because
> cannot realize how guacd and Tomcat which are situated *on the same server*
> cannot see each other.

By "server", I mean the Guacamole server.

The issue is not that guacd and Tomcat cannot see each other, but that
something may be interfering with data being sent to Tomcat, thus Tomcat
has no data to pass on to guacd, thus guacd reports that it isn't receiving
anything.

- Mike

Re: Connection error. No logs.

Posted by Suncatcher16 <su...@outlook.com>.
*
> , at least as far as guacd can tell.

By server here you mean Guacamole server or RDP host I connect to? Because I

Re: Connection error. No logs.

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 11:12 PM, Suncatcher16 <su...@outlook.com>
wrote:

> As I got your words, when the server writes
>
> > Connected to Guacamole. Waiting for respond
>
>  it means that Guacamole server connected to guacd successfully, and when
> it
> write then
>
> > The connection had been closed because the server is taking too long to
> > respond
>
> it means that guacd cannot bounce back Guacamole server. Am I correct?

This message means that no response was received from the server for long
enough that the client assumed the connection was closed.

This is essentially the same message you were seeing in the guacd logs, but
from the opposite end of the chain. All layers along the Guacamole stack
have essentially the same timeout rules, and will abort the connection if
no data is seen for 15 seconds. If communication isn't working properly,
it's possible to see both of these messages.

The best thing to do at this point would be to investigate things one layer
at a time, starting from the browser, to determine why data is not reaching
Guacamole. Though the client is also complaining of a lack of data, that's
most likely because the server is waiting to hear back from the client
before responding, and something is interfering with that response.

Do you see any errors in your browser's JavaScript console (or the network
tab of your browser's dev tools) regarding WebSocket failures?

Have you confirmed whether there is any sort of proxy between the browser
and the Guacamole server? (This includes some virus scanning software).

- Mike

Re: Connection error. No logs.

Posted by Suncatcher16 <su...@outlook.com>.
As I got your words, when the server writes

> Connected to Guacamole. Waiting for respond

 it means that Guacamole server connected to guacd successfully, and when it
write then

> The connection had been closed because the server is taking too long to
> respond

it means that guacd cannot bounce back Guacamole server. Am I correct?
Didn't find any of these errors in  Troubleshooting section
<http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/troubleshooting.html#servlet-container-logs>
.

Re: Connection error. No logs.

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 10:42 PM, Suncatcher16 <su...@outlook.com>
wrote:

> Thanks for clarification.
> My guacamole server and guacd are on the same server, so the firewall
> issues
> are excluded.

In this case, I'm not referring to a firewall between the web application
and guacd, but rather a firewall between the user's browser and the web
application.

> It seems my *guacd.conf* was missing. As I revealed, it should be placed in
> /etc/guacamole.

"missing" isn't entirely correct. The guacd.conf file is optional, and only
needed if you wish to override guacd's default configuration. Those same
configuration options can also be specified on the command line when
running guacd manually.

I placed it and how can I be sure that guacd can ping the server correctly?
> Is there any debugging tool?

The best debugging tool in this case would be a native RDP client. If
you're unsure whether guacd can connect to the server in question, I would
suggest trying to connect to that server using a native RDP client *from
the same machine as guacd*. If the machine running guacd is headless, you
can use an SSH tunnel to effectively test the connection in the same way.

Testing using a native RDP client can also help iron out the connection
parameters which you need to specify in your Guacamole connection.

Alternatively, simply pinging the RDP server using "ping" from the same
machine as guacd can be helpful, but that will only work if your RDP
server, routers between guacd and the RDP server, etc. are not configured
to ignore pings.

As I understand syslog doesn't provide such info, or /user not responding/
> is the equivalent of /guacd cannot reach the server/?

"User is not responding" really means exactly what it says, but keep in
mind that this message is logged from the perspective of guacd. It means
that guacd has not received data from the user for long enough that it
appeared the user was no longer present. Because a Guacamole connection
involves several layers (browser <---> Tomcat <---> guacd ... or even
browser <---> proxy <---> Tomcat <---> guacd), a breakdown in communication
between any of those layers could result in this.

To use a post office analogy, it's like if your mailbox logged a message
saying "postman not delivering letters". You may simply have no mail, or
maybe the mail truck crashed, or perhaps the roads were closed, or the
postman quit his job, or ... etc. Absolutely any failure along the line
from start to finish would result in the final point noting that nothing
has been received.

Each layer of the Guacamole stack has very separate concerns, and is only
aware of its own little world within the overall deployment.

- Mike

Re: Connection error. No logs.

Re: Connection error. No logs.

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 10:51 AM, Suncatcher16 <su...@outlook.com>
wrote:

> Mike Jumper wrote
> > That should be -f, not -d.
>
> This was a typo of course. And that's what my foreground run revealed
>
> > Listening on host 127.0.0.1, port 4822
> > guacd[3992]: INFO:    Creating new client for protocol "rdp"
> > guacd[3992]: INFO:    Connection ID is
> > "$ae8e6c0b-c1cd-434f-b684-b41d7c3bb315"
> > guacd[3994]: INFO:    Security mode: TLS
> > guacd[3994]: INFO:    Resize method: display-update
> > guacd[3994]: INFO:    User "@c5909bae-31d8-4eda-9843-6ed9ebb0bc1e"
> joined
> > conn
> > ection "$ae8e6c0b-c1cd-434f-b684-b41d7c3bb315" (1 users now present)
> > guacd[3994]: INFO:    Loading keymap "base"
> > guacd[3994]: INFO:    Loading keymap "en-us-qwerty"
> > freerdp_load_library_symbol: failed to open
> /usr/lib64/freerdp/cliprdr.so:
> > /usr/
> > lib64/freerdp/cliprdr.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> > direct
> > ory
> > freerdp_load_plugin: failed to load cliprdr/VirtualChannelEntry
> > guacd[3994]: WARNING: Failed to load cliprdr plugin. Clipboard will not
> > work.
> > guacd[3994]: ERROR:   User is not responding.
> > guacd[3994]: INFO:    User "@c5909bae-31d8-4eda-9843-6ed9ebb0bc1e"
> > disconnecte
> > d (0 users remain)
> > guacd[3994]: INFO:    Last user of connection
> > "$ae8e6c0b-c1cd-434f-b684-b41d7c
> > 3bb315" disconnected
>
> What does it mean /User is not responding/? How one can understand this?

"User is not responding" means that the user's side of things (the
Guacamole client) is not sending messages to the server, at least as far as
guacd can tell. After 15 seconds of absolutely no data being received from
the client, the Guacamole server will close the connection under the
assumption that something has gone wrong on the user's end (network
failure, computer was turned off, browser closed before an orderly
disconnect could be requested, etc.)

Because the Guacamole client will constantly be pinging the server while
the connection continues, this message almost always indicates a breakdown
in communication. Common causes, especially when just getting started with
setting up a Guacamole server, include:

1) A reverse proxy in front of the Guacamole server which is buffering data
(has not been configured to flush Guacamole's packets immediately), and
thus is effectively withholding the entire remote desktop session. Fixing
this involves reconfiguring the proxy such that it does not buffer
Guacamole connections:
http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/proxying-guacamole.html

2) A normal web proxy between the user and the Guacamole server, such as a
corporate firewall, which is buffering data, thus interfering as above.
Fixing this usually involves setting up SSL/TLS encryption in front of
Guacamole. If this is the case, I would recommend using Apache or Nginx for
SSL termination.

3) Virus scan software running on the user's machine which assumes the
Guacamole connection is a download, buffering the entire connection until
the "download" completes, and again preventing the connection from working.

And can be cliprdr the reason of failure? Maybe I should install it first?

The "cliprdr" plugin is used by FreeRDP to read/write to the RDP clipboard.
Lacking that plugin will not break things, but you won't be able to change
clipboard contents.

That plugin is normally installed with FreeRDP, but some distributions
split the plugins from the library itself. If this is the case in your
distribution, I recommend checking the distribution's package repository
for a FreeRDP package related to plugins, likely with both "freerdp" and
"plugin" in the name.

- Mike

Re: Connection error. No logs.

Posted by Suncatcher16 <su...@outlook.com>.
Mike Jumper wrote
> That should be -f, not -d.

This was a typo of course. And that's what my foreground run revealed

> Listening on host 127.0.0.1, port 4822
> guacd[3992]: INFO:	Creating new client for protocol "rdp"
> guacd[3992]: INFO:	Connection ID is
> "$ae8e6c0b-c1cd-434f-b684-b41d7c3bb315"
> guacd[3994]: INFO:	Security mode: TLS
> guacd[3994]: INFO:	Resize method: display-update
> guacd[3994]: INFO:	User "@c5909bae-31d8-4eda-9843-6ed9ebb0bc1e" joined
> conn
> ection "$ae8e6c0b-c1cd-434f-b684-b41d7c3bb315" (1 users now present)
> guacd[3994]: INFO:	Loading keymap "base"
> guacd[3994]: INFO:	Loading keymap "en-us-qwerty"
> freerdp_load_library_symbol: failed to open /usr/lib64/freerdp/cliprdr.so:
> /usr/
> lib64/freerdp/cliprdr.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> direct
> ory
> freerdp_load_plugin: failed to load cliprdr/VirtualChannelEntry
> guacd[3994]: WARNING:	Failed to load cliprdr plugin. Clipboard will not
> work.
> guacd[3994]: ERROR:	User is not responding.
> guacd[3994]: INFO:	User "@c5909bae-31d8-4eda-9843-6ed9ebb0bc1e"
> disconnecte
> d (0 users remain)
> guacd[3994]: INFO:	Last user of connection
> "$ae8e6c0b-c1cd-434f-b684-b41d7c
> 3bb315" disconnected

What does it mean /User is not responding/? How one can understand this?
I have NLA checkbox enabled on server, I also have NLA type of
authentication in Guacamole. How I can guess who is the /user/ in this
situation and who is /not responding/?
And can be cliprdr the reason of failure? Maybe I should install it first?
How?

Re: Connection error. No logs.

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 10:33 AM, Suncatcher16 <su...@outlook.com>
wrote:

> The only way I can debug this is via foreground running of guacd with -d
> option?

That should be -f, not -d.

Options which affect the verbosity of logging are always useful for
debugging. In most cases, that would mean changing the log level to "info"
or even "debug", but the unfortunate fact of the matter here is that
FreeRDP library messages are logged in such a way that Guacamole cannot
redirect them to its own logs, nor control the verbosity of the messages
logged.

And what about  this article
> <http://www.liberalcode.com/2014/06/fixing-gucamale-error-
> remote-desktop.html>
> ? Is it still actual? Does Guacamole support NLA and/or should I always
> disable server certificate?

Yes, NLA is supported. If your server requires it, you will need to specify
your username and password with the connection parameters:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#rdp-authentication

Note, specifically:

"Network Level Authentication. This mode requires the username and
password, and performs an authentication step before the remote desktop
session actually starts. If the username and password are not given, the
connection cannot be made."

As for disabling validation of the server certificate, no, you shouldn't do
this as a matter of course. Validation of certificates is important. You
should only do so if your RDP server uses a self-signed certificate which
cannot be validated, which will be the case unless you've configured your
RDP server to use a certificate from a CA.

- Mike

Re: Connection error. No logs.

Posted by Suncatcher16 <su...@outlook.com>.
Well, now I have another error. Some type of connection trial which never
ends.
<http://apache-guacamole-incubating-users.2363388.n4.nabble.com/file/n874/Capture44.png>
And in the end I get this
<http://apache-guacamole-incubating-users.2363388.n4.nabble.com/file/n874/Sketch.png>

The only way I can debug this is via foreground running of guacd with -d
option? And what about  this article

Re: Connection error. No logs.

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 9:34 AM, Suncatcher16 <su...@outlook.com>
wrote:

> > Waht type of host do you access ?
> > If its a windows8 or win10 machine (also server 2012 to 2016) you'll have
> > to enable tls security on the connection property in guacamole
> > I also got this error in case the gucamole (guacd) cannot do DNS
> > resolution then setting the IP address instead of FQDN solved that for me
> >
> > rg
> > Christian
>
> No, that didn't help.

In addition to TLS, as Christian suggests, you may also need to configure
the connection to ignore the certificate, as the certificate of your RDP
server is likely self-signed.

My host is Win8.1 Pro. And why I don't see anything
> reasonable in log alike "authentication failed" or "security level not
> supported"?

Unfortunately, while this sort of thing is possible with the libraries we
use for VNC (libvncclient), SSH (libssh2), and telnet (libtelnet), the
FreeRDP API simply doesn't provide hooks for that sort of information.
Applications which consume the FreeRDP library (like Guacamole) can obtain
the disconnect reason sent from the RDP server in the form of an error
code, and there's been recent work to expose that information, but that
wouldn't help you here. The true details surrounding why a connection has
failed are only logged internally by FreeRDP.

For sake of debugging, it can be helpful to try running guacd in the
foreground using the "-f" option (you'll need to kill any existing guacd
processes first). That will allow you to see FreeRDP's internal log
messages, which it sends to STDOUT / STDERR.

Only such clutter as "Connection ID is "$42bb300e-fac7-4d"? My logging
> level in logback.xml is set to *warn*.

The "logback.xml" file only controls the logging of the web application.
The message above is actually logged by guacd. It's not clutter, but if you
don't want those kinds of messages to be logged, you'll need to configure
guacd's log level, as well, which defaults to "info":

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#
guacd.conf

That said, since you're currently debugging the behavior of a connection, I
don't recommend reducing the verbosity of your logs at this time.

- Mike

Re: Connection error. No logs.

Posted by Suncatcher16 <su...@outlook.com>.
> Waht type of host do you access ?
> If its a windows8 or win10 machine (also server 2012 to 2016) you'll have
> to enable tls security on the connection property in guacamole
> I also got this error in case the gucamole (guacd) cannot do DNS
> resolution then setting the IP address instead of FQDN solved that for me
>
> rg
> Christian

No, that didn't help. My host is Win8.1 Pro. And why I don't see anything
reasonable in log alike "authentication failed" or "security level not
supported"? Only such clutter as "Connection ID is "$42bb300e-fac7-4d"? My
logging level in logback.xml is set to *warn*.
Can anybody help?

Re: Connection error. No logs.

Posted by Suncatcher16 <su...@outlook.com>.
Well, I used your another recommendation  from this thread
<https://sourceforge.net/p/guacamole/discussion/1110834/thread/47651fed/#0aa3>
and moved necessary files where they should be.
Now only these lines in the log are present

> Failed to load cliprdr plugin. Clipboard will not work.
> Failed to load drdynvc plugin. Display update and audio input support will
> be disabled.

Where should I get them? Why they weren't installed with guacd?
And is this actually a reason for connection failure? I guess even with
disabled clipboard the connection must be established.

Re: Connection error. No logs.

Posted by Suncatcher16 <su...@outlook.com>.
It's strange that RDP plugins are not loaded. I followed  your recommendation
here
<https://sourceforge.net/p/guacamole/discussion/1110834/thread/f0e537c2/#ac91>
and all plugins (guacsnd, guacdr, etc) are exactly there, in
/usr/local/lib/freerdp.
And

> ldd -r /usr/local/lib/libguac-client-rdp.so

gives me no

> libfreerdp-core.so.1.1 => not found
> libfreerdp-cache.so.1.1 => not found
> libfreerdp-client.so.1.2 => not found
> libfreerdp-utils.so.1.1 => not found
> libfreerdp-codec.so.1.1 => not found

It seems they are searchable and properly installed

> libfreerdp-core.so.1.0 => /usr/lib64/libfreerdp-core.so.1.0 (0x00007f99d
> 5580000)
> 	libfreerdp-cache.so.1.0 => /usr/lib64/libfreerdp-cache.so.1.0 (0x00007f9
> 9d5379000)
> 	libfreerdp-channels.so.1.0 => /usr/lib64/libfreerdp-channels.so.1.0 (0x0
> 0007f99d5175000)
> 	libfreerdp-utils.so.1.0 => /usr/lib64/libfreerdp-utils.so.1.0 (0x00007f9
> 9d4f67000)
> 	libfreerdp-codec.so.1.0 => /usr/lib64/libfreerdp-codec.so.1.0 (0x00007f9
> 9d4d57000)

Any suggestions?

Re: Connection error. No logs.

Posted by Suncatcher16 <su...@outlook.com>.
Okay, finally found it.

> [...]
> plugin. Clip
> board will not work.
> Apr 27 17:23:12 ip-172-31-21-70 guacd[3781]: Failed to load guacdr plugin.
> Drive
>  redirection and printing will not work. Sound MAY not work.
> Apr 27 17:23:12 ip-172-31-21-70 guacd[3781]: Failed to load guacsnd
> alongside gu
> acdr plugin. Sound will not work. Drive redirection and printing MAY not
> work.
> Apr 27 17:23:12 ip-172-31-21-70 guacd[3781]: Failed to load drdynvc
> plugin. Disp
> lay update and audio input support will be disabled.
> Apr 27 17:23:12 ip-172-31-21-70 guacd[3781]: Error connecting to RDP
> server
> Apr 27 17:23:12 ip-172-31-21-70 guacd[3781]: User
> "@cb320cee-55ad-47be-9823-d884
> 27a63316" disconnected (0 users remain)
> Apr 27 17:23:12 ip-172-31-21-70 guacd[3781]: Last user of connection
> "$42bb300e-
> fac7-4d25-a92a-76e0991cb292" disconnected
> Apr 27 17:23:12 ip-172-31-21-70 guacd[2429]: Connection
> "$42bb300e-fac7-4d25-a92
> a-76e0991cb292" removed.
> Apr 27 17:23:28 ip-172-31-21-70 guacd[2429]: Creating new client for
> protocol "r
> dp"
> Apr 27 17:23:28 ip-172-31-21-70 guacd[2429]: Connection ID is
> "$d3e27af0-eaf9-41
> e9-ae91-6fa7a6f12d4b"
> Apr 27 17:23:28 ip-172-31-21-70 guacd[3806]: No security mode specified.
> Defaulting to RDP.
> Apr 27 17:23:28 ip-172-31-21-70 guacd[3806]: Resize method: display-update
> Apr 27 17:23:28 ip-172-31-21-70 guacd[3806]: User
> "@b62535b9-8df9-4396-8fec-f4467873d475" joined connection
> "$d3e27af0-eaf9-41e9-ae91-6fa7a6f12d4b" (1 users now present)
> Apr 27 17:23:28 ip-172-31-21-70 guacd[3806]: Loading keymap "base"
> Apr 27 17:23:28 ip-172-31-21-70 guacd[3806]: Loading keymap "en-us-qwerty"
> Apr 27 17:23:28 ip-172-31-21-70 guacd[3806]: Failed to load cliprdr
> plugin. Clipboard will not work.
> Apr 27 17:23:28 ip-172-31-21-70 guacd[3806]: Failed to load guacdr plugin.
> Drive redirection and printing will not work. Sound MAY not work.
> Apr 27 17:23:28 ip-172-31-21-70 guacd[3806]: Failed to load guacsnd
> alongside guacdr plugin. Sound will not work. Drive redirection and
> printing MAY not work.
> Apr 27 17:23:28 ip-172-31-21-70 guacd[3806]: Failed to load drdynvc
> plugin. Display update and audio input support will be disabled.
> Apr 27 17:23:28 ip-172-31-21-70 guacd[3806]: Error connecting to RDP
> server
> Apr 27 17:23:28 ip-172-31-21-70 guacd[3806]: User
> "@b62535b9-8df9-4396-8fec-f4467873d475" disconnected (0 users remain)
> Apr 27 17:23:28 ip-172-31-21-70 guacd[3806]: Last user of connection
> "$d3e27af0-eaf9-41e9-ae91-6fa7a6f12d4b" disconnected
> Apr 27 17:23:28 ip-172-31-21-70 guacd[2429]: Connection
> "$d3e27af0-eaf9-41e9-ae91-6fa7a6f12d4b" removed.

I see that many plugins failed to load. Does they affect base functionality
or the cause of connection error lies elsewhere?
And why are they missing? I installed all the required and optional packages
as was specified in the manual.

Re: Connection error. No logs.

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 8:53 AM, Suncatcher16 <su...@outlook.com> wrote:
> I have following error when I try to connect to RDP host.
>
> <http://apache-guacamole-incubating-users.2363388.n4.nabble.com/file/n863/Capture334.png>
>
> There is no logs in rsyslog from guacd, but guacd is running. Where should I
> search?

Typical locations for syslog are /var/log/syslog or /var/log/messages.
If your distribution uses systemd, syslog messages might instead only
be accessible using the journalctl tool.

- Mike