Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Senthil <se...@brooks.com> on 2006/11/13 20:09:45 UTC

XpathEvaluator initialize() fails

We are using Xerces and Xalan in our product. It works fine with HP-UX and
HP-Itanium environment. But the xalan fails in Solaris 5.9 environment.

What we do in our application is, we pass the XML as a string to Xerces API to
get the XML DOM tree and call the selectSingleNode method to get the require
node from the xml queried by the program / user.

It works fine until it returns the xml DOM tree from Xerces, and I can print out
the xml in the log using innerXml() method. But when we call selectSingleNode
method in Xalan, it calls XPathEvaluator initialize() and it throws some
exception and fails abruptly.

Due to that, our server also crashes and it dumps the core file.

any input on this issue is highly appreciated

many thanks
Senthil