Posted to dev@guacamole.apache.org by Naef Halabi <na...@allcloud.io> on 2018/06/13 11:39:47 UTC

AWS Guacamole Peering

Hey,

We have production environment on a Multi-region on AWS and we start to
use  Guacamole Bastion Host AWS AMI.

When I deploy the instance in the *same VPC* the auto discover working fine
and the Guacamole
find and connect the instances.
The problem when i Create a *another VPC* and connect him with AWS peering
the Guacamole not find the other instance and the other VPC

1- Can the Guacamole work with *other networks* not in the *same VPC* In
the same account?

2- Can the Guacamole work with *other networks* on *different Accounts*?

Thanks.

[image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sgdrl6v9hzigqbl/99.png?raw=1]

Naef Halabi

Cloud DevOps Engineering

AllCloud, AWS and GCP Division

m: +972 (52) 8796669

w: www.allcloud.io e: naef.halabi@allcloud.io <la...@allcloud.io>
[image: Inline image 1]

--
 <https://goo.gl/9GsXuf>
This message and the information contained herein

Re: AWS Guacamole Peering

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jun 13, 2018, 05:31 Naef Halabi <na...@allcloud.io> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> We have production environment on a Multi-region on AWS and we start to
> use  Guacamole Bastion Host AWS AMI.
>
> When I deploy the instance in the *same VPC* the auto discover working fine
> and the Guacamole
> find and connect the instances.
> The problem when i Create a *another VPC* and connect him with AWS peering
> the Guacamole not find the other instance and the other VPC
>
> 1- Can the Guacamole work with *other networks* not in the *same VPC* In
> the same account?
>
> 2- Can the Guacamole work with *other networks* on *different Accounts*?

The AMI you refer to is a third-party AMI with some sort of AWS integration
added (via an extension?). We do not maintain this AMI, nor does Guacamole
itself have any such limitations.

You will need to reach out to the company that produced the AMI. The issue
you describe is an issue with their extension/modifications, not with
Guacamole.

- Mike