Posted to user@synapse.apache.org by kbohnenberger <ke...@mantech.com> on 2009/04/21 00:38:54 UTC

jms proxy problem with snapshot build

I'm listening to a queue using the proxy jms transport like this:
    <proxy name="queueListener1" transports="jms">
        <target>
            <inSequence>
                <property action="set" name="OUT_ONLY" value="true"/>
                <sequence key="sequences/receiveJmsKosList.xml"/>
            </inSequence>
        </target>
        <parameter name="transport.jms.ContentType">
            <rules>
                <jmsProperty>contentType</jmsProperty>
                <default>application/xml</default>
            </rules>
        </parameter>
        <parameter
name="transport.jms.ConnectionFactory">incomingQueueFactory</parameter>
        <parameter
name="transport.jms.Destination">cn=incomingQueue</parameter>
    </proxy>

If there are already messages on the "incoming queue" before I bring synapse
up I lose messages.  It seems that as synapse comes up, my proxy above will
start receiving messages but synapse is not all the way up yet so I get the
following messages in the log:
2009-04-20 18:14:52,883 [-] [jms-Worker-1] DEBUG ProxyServiceMessageReceiver
Proxy Service queueListener3 received a new message...
2009-04-20 18:14:52,883 [-] [jms-Worker-1] DEBUG ProxyServiceMessageReceiver
Message To: null
2009-04-20 18:14:52,883 [-] [jms-Worker-1] DEBUG ProxyServiceMessageReceiver
SOAPAction: urn:mediate
2009-04-20 18:14:52,883 [-] [jms-Worker-1] DEBUG ProxyServiceMessageReceiver
WSA-Action: urn:mediate
2009-04-20 18:14:52,883 [-] [jms-Worker-1] FATAL
MessageContextCreatorForAxis2 Synapse environment has not initialized
properly..

Can someone point me in the right direction so I can have that "FATAL"
exception thrown back to the jms server so my message doesn't get dropped on
the floor?

Is there any other configuration item I can set to force the jms proxy to
not "listen" until synapse is all the way up?

Thanks

Keith

Re: jms proxy problem with snapshot build

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
FYI: Since the JMS transport is built on AbstractTransportListener,
recent snapshots would be impacted by the issue described in
WSCOMMONS-466/SYNAPSE-542. This might explain why the transport is
malfunctioning in such a catastrophic way.

Andreas

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@apache.org>.
Hi Keith

Posted by Keith Bohnenberger <ke...@mantech.com>.

On 4/21/09 1:40 PM, "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Keith
>> Sorry, I didn't clean that email up properly.  Please disregard the "Now I'm
>> not getting any messages at all."  At first that was the case but then I
>> figured out that the axis2.xml file changed from the build I had to the 608
>> build.
>>
> Does this mean you are all set? If not, please shout out..
>
> cheers
> asankha

This communication, along with any attachments, is covered by federal and state law governing electronic communications and may contain company proprietary and legally privileged information.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, use or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this in error, please reply immediately to the sender and delete this message.  Thank you.

Re: jms proxy problem with snapshot build

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@apache.org>.
Hi Keith

Posted by Keith Bohnenberger <ke...@mantech.com>.

Posted by Keith Bohnenberger <ke...@mantech.com>.
Ruwan,

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.

--
Ruwan Linton
Senior Software Engineer & Product Manager; WSO2 ESB; http://wso2.org/esb

Re: jms proxy problem with snapshot build

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@apache.org>.
Hi Ruwan