Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by CHEUNG KIN WAI <02...@stu.vtc.edu.hk> on 2004/08/03 07:30:55 UTC

Question about IPage

Hi all. I am a beginner of Tapestry.
Now I am writing a simple application which includes a Table Component in my page.
I have a java class which generate a Table Model for the Table component.
However, when I execute the application, I receive an error message which ask me to implement the interface "IPage" in the java class.
I would like to ask why I need to implement this interface?

Here is the code of my application.

.html :

.page :
<page-specification class="Test">
    <description><![CDATA[   add a description   ]]></description>
    <component id="table" type="contrib:Table">
        <binding name="tableModel" expression="getTaleModel()"/>
        </component>
</page-specification>

Test.java:
public class Test{

	public ITableModel getTaleModel(){
		Integer[] ManyNumber = new Integer[5];
		for ( int i = 0 ; i < ManyNumber.length;i++) {
			ManyNumber[i] = new Integer(i+1);
		}
		Object[] data = ManyNumber;
		SimpleTableColumn[] aa = new SimpleTableColumn[1];
		aa[0] = new SimpleTableColumn("Number",true);

		ITableColumn[] columns = aa;
		ITableModel model = new SimpleTableModel(data, columns);
		return model;
	}
}

Thank you all.

Jor Cheung

RE: Question about IPage

Posted by "Filip S. Adamsen" <fi...@stubkjaer-adamsen.dk>.
Hi there,

The IPage interface is essential to Tapestry - pages are not pages unless
they implement it. In general you should extends BasePage for components
with a HTML-template (this is your case), or AbstractPage, when your Java
class takes care of producing the output.

-Filip S. Adamsen