Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Liang-Chi Hsieh <vi...@gmail.com> on 2021/05/09 21:21:59 UTC

[VOTE] Release Spark 2.4.8 (RC4)

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version
2.4.8.

The vote is open until May 14th at 9AM PST and passes if a majority +1 PMC
votes are cast, with a minimum of 3 +1 votes.

To learn more about Apache Spark, please see http://spark.apache.org/

There are currently no issues targeting 2.4.8 (try project = SPARK AND
"Target Version/s" = "2.4.8" AND status in (Open, Reopened, "In Progress"))

The tag to be voted on is v2.4.8-rc4 (commit
163fbd2528a18bf062bddf7b7753631a12a369b5):
https://github.com/apache/spark/tree/v2.4.8-rc4

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v2.4.8-rc4-bin/

Signatures used for Spark RCs can be found in this file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/KEYS

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1383/

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v2.4.8-rc4-docs/

The list of bug fixes going into 2.4.8 can be found at the following URL:
https://s.apache.org/spark-v2.4.8-rc4

This release is using the release script of the tag v2.4.8-rc4.

=========================
How can I help test this release?
=========================

If you are a Spark user, you can help us test this release by taking
an existing Spark workload and running on this release candidate, then
reporting any regressions.

If you're working in PySpark you can set up a virtual env and install
the current RC and see if anything important breaks, in the Java/Scala
you can add the staging repository to your projects resolvers and test
with the RC (make sure to clean up the artifact cache before/after so
you don't end up building with an out of date RC going forward).

What should happen to JIRA tickets still targeting 2.4.8?

The current list of open tickets targeted at 2.4.8 can be found at:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK and search for "Target
Version/s" = 2.4.8

Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug
fixes, documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should
be worked on immediately. Everything else please retarget to an
appropriate release.

==================
But my bug isn't fixed?
==================

In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the
release unless the bug in question is a regression from the previous
release. That being said, if there is something which is a regression
that has not been correctly targeted please ping me or a committer to
help target the issue.

Re: [VOTE] Release Spark 2.4.8 (RC4)

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@gmail.com>.
+1

The additional one patch for the old bug fix looks safe.
Thank you, Liang-Chi.

Bests,
Dongjoon.

Posted by Kent Yao <ya...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

**Kent Yao  **

@ Data Science Center, Hangzhou Research Institute, NetEase Corp.

 ** _a s_ _park  enthusiast_**

 _[kyuubi](https://github.com/yaooqinn/kyuubi) is a unified multi-tenant JDBC
interface for large-scale data processing and analytics, built on top of
[Apache Spark](http://spark.apache.org/)._

#

 _[spark-authorizer](https://github.com/yaooqinn/spark-authorizer) A Spark SQL
extension which provides SQL Standard Authorization for _ _[Apache
Spark](http://spark.apache.org/)._

 _ _[spark-postgres](https://github.com/yaooqinn/spark-postgres)  A library
for reading data from and transferring data to Postgres / Greenplum with Spark
SQL and DataFrames, 10~100x faster.__

 _ _[itatchi](https://github.com/yaooqinn/spark-func-extras) A__ _library  t_
_hat brings useful functions from various modern database management systems
to  _ _ _[Apache Spark](http://spark.apache.org/).__

#

Posted by Liang-Chi Hsieh <vi...@gmail.com>.
Oh, I see. We cannot do release on it as it is still open status.
Okay, let me try to close it manually via UI.

Sean Owen-2 wrote

Posted by Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Tested on downstream project without further issues. Ship it time!

Posted by Liang-Chi Hsieh <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Liang-Chi Hsieh <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Liang-Chi Hsieh <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
Hm, yes I see it at

Posted by Liang-Chi Hsieh <vi...@gmail.com>.
I did upload my public key in

Posted by Wenchen Fan <cl...@gmail.com>.
[image: image.png]

Posted by Wenchen Fan <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Holden Karau <ho...@pigscanfly.ca>.

Posted by sarutak <sa...@oss.nttdata.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hyukjin Kwon <gu...@gmail.com>.
+1

2021년 5월 10일 (월) 오후 4:45, John Zhuge <jz...@apache.org>님이 작성:

Posted by John Zhuge <jz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Liang-Chi Hsieh <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by John Zhuge <jz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mridul Muralidharan <mr...@gmail.com>.
+1

Signatures, digests, etc check out fine.
Checked out tag and build/tested.

Regards,
Mridul

Posted by Maxim Gekk <ma...@databricks.com>.