Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Dan Mahoney, System Admin" <da...@prime.gushi.org> on 2009/04/26 22:11:10 UTC

Re: [sa-list] Re: Image spam and failing rule

On Sat, 25 Apr 2009, John Hardin wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Apr 2009, Gary Forrest wrote:
>
>> We are receiving the same image spam many times, random text within the
>> body.
>
> FuzzyOCR. It seems Spammers are trying image spam again, after giving up on
> it for a year or so.

Is there a version of FuzzyOCR that's actually supported with the current
SA release?  Or under active development at all?

-Dan

--

"Man, this is such a trip"

-Dan Mahoney, October 25, 1997

Re: [sa-list] Re: Image spam and failing rule

Posted by Henrik K <he...@hege.li>.
On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 04:11:10PM -0400, Dan Mahoney, System Admin wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Apr 2009, John Hardin wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 25 Apr 2009, Gary Forrest wrote:
>>
>>> We are receiving the same image spam many times, random text within
>>> the body.
>>
>> FuzzyOCR. It seems Spammers are trying image spam again, after giving
>> up on it for a year or so.
>
> Is there a version of FuzzyOCR that's actually supported with the current
> SA release?  Or under active development at all?

As I said on the other post, there were no significant image spam for years.
Why would anyone want to waste time on developing it? Mostly that stuff
comes from botnets anyway, which you can easily block even at MTA.

The author (decoder) read this list, maybe he will reply if he has any
thoughts.. if image spam is coming to another wave, maybe the developement
and mailing list will be refreshed.