Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by drew jensen <dr...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/08 01:29:38 UTC

Supported multi-media file types in Impress

Howdy,

Quick question regarding the coming 3.4 version.

Running on Windows, and assuming no added extensions or other files
beyond the AOO 3.4 distribution, are there any video formats beyond .WMV
that should be available for use in Impress?

I've confirmed that .wmv is working.

Thanks,

//drew

Re: Supported multi-media file types in Impress

Posted by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>.
On Wed, 2012-03-07 at 20:21 -0500, drew wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-03-07 at 19:29 -0500, drew jensen wrote:
> > Howdy,
> >
> > Quick question regarding the coming 3.4 version.
> >
> > Running on Windows, and assuming no added extensions or other files
> > beyond the AOO 3.4 distribution, are there any video formats beyond .WMV
> > that should be available for use in Impress?
> >
> > I've confirmed that .wmv is working.
>
> Just to clarify - I rather thought .avi would run inside Impress, but so
> far have not been able to verify that, those .avi files I've tried that
> do run in a MS Media player do not run inside Impress. Have also tried a
> number of other formats, none of which have worked so far.
>
> So - just wondering; is there is a (minimum) list of supported media
> types..and apologies if I've just over looked finding it.

and one more update to this.

(MS Vista 32bit) - alright fully cleaned out all installations of all
the sorted versions I had on this machine
- installed OO.o 3.3, verified that .wmv and .avi where being supported.
- installed the latest (1296433) AOO 3.4 full install set - .wmv
and .avi files are both working now from within Impress.. will check a
few others also..

Posted by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>.