Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Ramaswamy, Muthu" <mr...@gers.com> on 2002/06/08 03:49:05 UTC

IllegalArgumentException: No Mapping Found Error.

I am new to SOAP. So any help is greatly appreciated.

I get the following SOAP Fault error on the Server Side:

Fault String = java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No mapping found for
'com.gers.sales.customer.persist.CustomerValueObject' using encoding style
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'. CustomerValueObject is a Java
Bean.

My descriptor file is shown below:

<isd:service xmlns:isd="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap/deployment"
id="urn:com-gers-sales-order-OrderEntryFacadeHome">
<isd:provider type="org.apache.soap.providers.StatelessEJBProvider"
scope="Application" methods="findCustomerAcceptor">
   <isd:option key="JNDIName"
value="com-gers-sales-order-OrderEntryFacadeHome"/>
   <isd:option key="FullHomeInterfaceName"
value="com.gers.sales.order.OrderEntryFacadeHome" />
   <isd:option key="ContextProviderURL" value="t3://localhost:7001" />
   <isd:option key="FullContextFactoryName"
value="weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory" />
</isd:provider>
<isd:faultListener>org.apache.soap.server.DOMFaultListener</isd:faultListene
r>
<isd:mappings>
<isd:map encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding"
xmlns:x="com-gers-sales" qname="x:CustVO"
         javaType="com.gers.sales.customer.persist.CustomerValueObject"
         java2XMLClassName="org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer"

xml2JavaClassName="org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer"/>
</isd:mappings>
</isd:service>

I am able to execute the remote EJB. Errors out on serialization. Appreciate
your help.

Re: IllegalArgumentException: No Mapping Found Error.

Posted by Chris Argo <ar...@NewParticles.com>.
I recently got this error when my object was not a true 'Java Bean'...i think  Make sure that you have a public empty constructor and that you only have setMethods and getMethods on your member data.

Posted by Chris Argo <ar...@NewParticles.com>.