Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stephane Bailliez <st...@haht.com> on 2002/02/04 19:02:18 UTC

RE: cvs commit: jakarta-alexandria/proposal/vindico/src/java/org/ apache/alexandria/ant Vindico.java XMLListener.java

I will see how to do this into XMLLogger.. Unfortunately while writing the
later post I realized that recent changes about the
human-readable-plurialization-correct-time-formatting (which I do firmly
believe is not correct for unit representations :) is also applied to the
xmllogger and breaks the nightly build in my company about the time parsing
since the pattern is no more regular and number cannot be extracted easily
:-(

Breaking for breaking I will change the time elapsed into an ISO8601-like
time format (or milliseconds directly).

> Understood.  I am just not there yet.  Still debugging in the
> raw XML.  I need to get some of it posted so I can get some
> help with the formatting XSL.

You might want to take a look at src/etc/log.xsl ?

> I understand the feelings of duplication avoidance, and I
> will look into the ISO8601 Route. I beleive there are 2
> classes in the commons-sandbox to do this, so I will look
> into it.  The only reason I duplicated now was because the
> method I wanted was unavailable to me (protected).  I am
> happy to remove this duplication, and I think it will remove
> itself once I plug in the ISO8601 stuff.

Ah, I was sure that I saw this either into commons or Velocity tools. !
Indeed this should be commons coming from a recent refactoring of all date
related tools.

Cheers !

--
Stephane Bailliez
Software Engineer, Paris - France

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-alexandria/proposal/vindico/src/java/org/apache/alexandria/ant Vindico.java XMLListener.java

Posted by Magesh Umasankar <um...@apache.org>.
From: "Stephane Bailliez" <st...@haht.com>

> I realized that recent changes about the
> human-readable-plurialization-correct-time-formatting
> (which I do firmly believe is not correct
> for unit representations :) is also applied
> to the xmllogger and breaks the nightly build
> in my company about the time parsing since
> the pattern is no more regular and number
> cannot be extracted easily :-(

Feel free to change it to 0 seconds with the 's',
or use abbreviations or use 0 second(s), whatever.
I would -1 changing it to 0 second, however ;-)

> Stephane Bailliez

Cheers,
Magesh