Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by IBM partner Gestione Elaboratori <ca...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/11 09:11:46 UTC

how to read files in file system

With jsp i can read files in the file system only if there are located under
the directory webapps/<application>/<file>.

If I read a file ,for example, in c:/<filename> Tomcats signals an error (se
atthachment)

How to read files located everywere in the file system?

paoloc

Re: R: how to read files in file system

Try:

URI uri = new URI("file//c:/.."); // win

Or

"file:///yourdir/.." on unix (note 3 "/").

From uri you can get the url and from here you can open an inputstream or you can use "new File(url.toFile())"

To access a resource from your classpath the following will do:

URL url = Thread.currentThread().getContextClassloader().getResource("relativeNameOfFile");

Basically this should work, but its untested as my phone does not provide a java compiler :-)

Jens

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Pid * <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 18 Sep 2012, at 07:22, "Ge Gestione Elaboratori(IBM Business
Partner)" <ca...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Excuse me Dan:
> attached the screenshot.

Zeesh.
Stop attaching it, paste some info inline in the message and stop being lazy.

Posted by "Ge Gestione Elaboratori(IBM Business Partner)" <ca...@gmail.com>.
Excuse me Dan:
attached the screenshot.
paolo

Posted by Daniel Mikusa <dm...@vmware.com>.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
//in ${catalina.base}/conf/catalina.policy
//grant the containing jar (read and write) FilePermission to folder named 'filename' located off of root

//if the jar (containing the class which will access filename folder) is tomcat-juli.jar

grant codeBase "file:${catalina.base}/bin/tomcat-juli.jar" {
{
        permission java.io.FilePermission "${file.separator}filename${file.separator}*", "read, write";
};

Martin Gainty