Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by David Rush <da...@rushtone.com> on 2009/10/28 20:53:43 UTC

[users@httpd] proxy: HTTP: disabled connection

I've got httpd 2.2.4 on Windows Server 2003, acting as a reverse proxy to a couple other servers.

I'm getting a LOT of

"[error] proxy: HTTP: disabled connection for (x.x.x.x)"

and some

"[Wed Oct 28 12:55:33 2009] [error] (OS 10060)A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.  : proxy: HTTP: attempt to connect to x.x.x.x:80 (x.x.x.x) failed

The servers are busy, but not THAT busy, and have handled higher load than I'm seeing now.

Most connections through rev proxy get through fine, some are slow, and some fail entirely.  Connections (from inside our DMZ) to the origin host that the rev proxy is forwarding to work great.

Googling shows some number of folks with similar issues, but I've found nothing usable towards tracking down a solution.

Suggestions?

David