Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Dennis Sacks <de...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/17 13:48:05 UTC

building couchdb from svn

./configure  outout errors with this:

checking for JS_NewContext in -ljs... no
checking for JS_NewContext in -lmozjs... no

configure: error: Could not find the js library.

Is the Mozilla SpiderMonkey library installed?

I specified --with-js-lib=/usr/local/lib or without (doesn't seem to matter)

libjs.so is in /usr/local/lib, and /usr/local/lib is in the ld cache. I
verified JS_NewContext exists as a symbol in libjs.so ...

Help?!

Re: building couchdb from svn

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 12:53:57PM +0100, Matt Goodall wrote:
> I had this problem on an Ubuntu machine. gcc doesn't seem to like
> having non-existent directories, e.g. /opt/local, in its paths.

Hmm, first I've heard. :)

I develop the build system on Ubuntu Feisty and it works fine for me.

Could you open a bug report and provide some more details please?

Noah Slater - The Apache Software Foundation <http://www.apache.org/>

Re: building couchdb from svn

Posted by Dennis Sacks <de...@gmail.com>.
I compiled spidermonkey myself and copied the library files to
/usr/local/lib and the header files to /usr/local/include/js

I applied the patch, reran bootstrap and during configure am getting the
same error, so I'm not sure its the same issue.

Dennis

Posted by Matt Goodall <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dennis Sacks <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Goodall <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sho Fukamachi <sh...@gmail.com>.
OK, thanks for that - looks like I'll have to try again from scratch,
although I'm relieved that at least one person on RHEL/CentOS 4 has
gotten it working ....

thanks again,

Sho

Posted by Dennis Sacks <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sho Fukamachi <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dennis Sacks <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@prima.de>.

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@prima.de>.
On Apr 17, 2008, at 21:33, Dennis Sacks wrote:
> I blew away what I was working on, to start anew. I did:
>
> svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/couchdb/trunk couchdb
> ./bootstrap
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/couchdb
>
> Interestingly, the end of the configure output looks like this:
>
> checking for JS_NewContext in -ljs... yes
> checking jsapi.h usability... no
> checking jsapi.h presence... no
> checking for jsapi.h... no
> configure: error: Could not find the jsapi header.

where is your jsapi.h file?

Posted by Dennis Sacks <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dennis Sacks <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@prima.de>.