Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by spamsucks <sp...@rhoderunner.com> on 2006/12/06 16:05:01 UTC

page1 is crawled, but not pages in page1

My subject is a pretty good summary.  I see the first "details.pa?id=123" in
my results, but can't search or find any "details.pa?id=456" links that are
in that 1st page that was a hit.

Backgrounder:
I have a site that includes a lot of dynamic pages.  I edited the
crawl-urlfilter.txt and added the following regex and did
a crawl (bin/nutch crawl urls -dir crawl -depth 30 -topN 30000):

+^http://([a-z0-9]*\.)*www.visitpa.com/visitpa/details.pa\?id=

Now the search will return hits on the dynamic details page.  For example,
here is a search that returns hits on my dynamic pages.
http://prhodes.r-effects.com/nutch/search.jsp?query=sunnyledge&hitsPerPage=10&lang=en

If you look at the details.pa page that nutch had a hit on, it contains
several links of the same format ( details.pa )
My problem is that these other detail links are not being crawled/indexed.

I set the depth to "30" so that should not be a limiting factor.  I also set
a "topN" of 30000, because we have around 16K details.pa pages

Any clues on how to proceed and figure out what I need to do to get Nutch to
crawl these missing "details.pa" links

Re: page1 is crawled, but not pages in page1

Posted by Nitin Borwankar <ni...@borwankar.com>.
Hi Philip,

You have www.visitpa.com in your crawl-url-filter regexp.
If some of your other pages have <something else>.visitpa.com as host
name they will be filtered out.
You may want to have just (....)visitpa.com in the regexp in  that case.
Just a thought.

Nitin Borwankar
http://tagschema.com

Posted by Yoni Amir <yo...@targetize.com>.