Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Norman Breau <no...@normanbreau.com> on 2020/07/03 17:28:32 UTC

Formally deprecate cordova-plugin-wkwebview-engine?

Hi team,

I believe previously we decided on a path to deprecate
cordova-plugin-wkwebview-engine, but I wanted
to make sure that is still our stance.

cordova-ios@6 supports both url schemes and the legacy file scheme,
effectively making the wkwebview engine plugin redundant. Now that
cordova-ios@6 is released, I feel like it's time to formally deprecate
the wkwebview plugin according to our Deprecation Policy[1]

With that being said, I'm not sure if we also want to archive this
repository. According to the policy, we should archive if:

"A deprecated repository might also be archived if we don't intend to
provide support of any kind (Issues, Pull Requests, Releases) for this
component any more."

I feel like this is probably our intention as I think all maintenance
will now be done in cordova-ios going forward, but I want to gather some
thoughts on this.

[1] https://cordova.apache.org/deprecation_policy.html

Cheers,
Norman

Re: Formally deprecate cordova-plugin-wkwebview-engine?

Posted by Tim Brust <ti...@gmail.com>.
npm paclages can be deprecated without releasing a new version.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by julio cesar sanchez <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Darryl Pogue <dv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Brody <ch...@gmail.com>.