Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Michael Brailsford <br...@yahoo.com> on 2001/12/28 05:55:29 UTC

Problems with using ant from within editor

This is an excerpt from the WHATSNEW file:

* Ant now installs its own output stream into System.out to route output
* to the task currently executing on the current thread. This also means
* that all output is now routed as Ant message events. Customer listeners
* and loggers should not call System.out at any time. This has always
* been true but such usage now will cause problems due to possible
* recursion.

Does this mean that attempting to use 'tee' will not work with ant?  I
was using ant from within vim with the ':make' command with the vim
makeprg variable set to "ant -find build.xml".  When I type ":make" vim
sends the following command to the shell (bash) "ant -find build.xml
2>&1 | tee some/tmp/file".  Could the above snippet from WHATSNEW cause this command to not work?  The exact same command worked with ant 1.3, but broke with ant 1.4.1.  Also when I type the following command from vim ":!ant -find build.xml" I get "shell returned 1".  Please help, it will be greatly appreciated.

-Michael Brailsford