Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Maxim Doucet <ma...@qarnot-computing.com> on 2021/09/27 20:53:43 UTC

Easy access to the guacamole menu via a button

Hello,

Based on feedback from clients (and +100 3D artists at a previous job), the
fact that the guacamole menu is only accessible via ctrl-alt-shift makes
guacamole a bit hard to adopt for new users. This is also true for users
coming back to guacamole after several months using other remote tools
(like chrome remote desktop or even novnc): they tend to forget that, in
guacamole, the sidebar menu is not accessible visually by clicking on a
button (they search for a "visual hint" to access the guacamole menu but
there is none). Note that they are searching for the guacamole menu/sidebar
because usually they need to press ctrl-alt-del on the remote machine or
they want to copy-paste text.

Is it something that has (maybe) been already considered? And what could be
the options to add this feature? By modifying guacamole's code or
developing an extension or maybe by integrating guacamole in another
(web)app?

In any case, thanks for such a great tool!

--
Maxim Doucet
DevOps @ Qarnot

Re: Easy access to the guacamole menu via a button

Posted by Maxim Doucet <ma...@qarnot-computing.com.INVALID>.
FYI I updated the ticket at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-1424?focusedCommentId=17433917&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-17433917

Best,