Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com> on 2007/04/11 23:51:13 UTC

[OT] Re: Eclipse WTP / Struts 2 - Not working!!

--- Manickam-Periaswamy.Vignesh@epamail.epa.gov wrote:
> Sorry, I do not understand what you mean by
> publishing project.

Did you add a project deployment for the Struts app
and deploy it? In other words, did you configur things
such that Eclipse/WTP knows things about your app,
where you're deploying it to etc.?

d.

Re: [OT] Re: Eclipse WTP / Struts 2 - Not working!!

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
suggest searching for "Struts2 Eclipse plugin" here is a place to start
looking
http://cwiki.apache.org/WW/plugins.html
With either sitemesh or tiles plugin
You would have to
-find the missing class
-find the jar which contains the missing class
-from Eclipse Go to 'Java Build Path'
-add external library and select the jar you are currently missing

Martin--

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- Manickam-Periaswamy.Vignesh@epamail.epa.gov wrote:
> So  that means the deployment is proper right?

It means the deployment for the other web project is
right; I have no real way of knowing if it is for the
Struts project.

> But why I get this problem when I include struts?
> which works fine when I deploy it separately in
> Tomcat.

This is why I believe it is an Eclipse/WTP deployment
problem: if it works when you deploy it manually then
the configuration files are most likely correct.

Even if they weren't and you requested an action that
wasn't mapped you'd get a Struts error page, not a
404.

So the requests you are making are not being handled
properly: either you're not requesting in the right
context, or it's not being deployed properly, etc.

Once you deploy from within Eclipse re-check the
actual directory it's being deployed to and see if
everything is where it should be.

d.

Re: [OT] Re: Eclipse WTP / Struts 2 - Not working!!

Posted by Ma...@epamail.epa.gov.
Sorry, still I did not understand it quite well.

But my non-struts web project is working fine along with Eclipse WTP. So
that means the deployment is proper right? I understand that I sound dumb
here.

But why I get this problem when I include struts? which works fine when I
deploy it separately in Tomcat.

Vignesh Manickam Periaswamy
Web Application Developer Intern, Information Management Section
WPTD,   EPA Region 5         312-886-0887

Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>
04/11/2007 04:51 PM
Please respond to
Struts Users Mailing List <us...@struts.apache.org>