Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Max Stolyarov <MS...@Novarra.com> on 2002/01/11 22:41:28 UTC

Problem accessing a web service. Please help. Thanks

Hello,

   I wrote a very sime Web Service and a client application to access. I
successfully deployed the service on Tomcat, but when I try to make an RPC
call to it from the client application I get the following error. Can
somebody please shed some light on it for me. Thanks

SOAP Fault Msg I receive:

SOAPException = SOAP-ENV:Client, No Serializer found to serialize a
'org.apache.soap.rpc.Parameter' using encoding style 'SOAP-ENC'.

Max Stolyarov
NOVARRA
3232 Kennicott Ave
Arlington Heights, Illinois  60004
Phone:  (847) 368-7800 x 252
Facsimile:  (847) 590-8144

Re: Problem accessing a web service. Please help. Thanks

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@computer.org>.
When you create your parameter, you must specify the class of the parameter,
not the Parameter class.  For example,

    String symbol;
    Call call = new Call ();
    // set call properties here
    Vector params = new Vector ();
    // Here it is: String parameter specified as String.class type
    params.addElement (new Parameter("symbol", String.class, symbol, null));
    call.setParams (params);

Scott