Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/16 09:19:39 UTC

How to support add a new broker in Geronimo 3.0

Hi,
    Now, in Geronimo 3.0, blueprint configuration has been used for ActiveMQ
broker. Now we might be facing the problem how to add a new broker, which is
totally different from the way in Geronimo 2.2.
    One possible way is to use the similar way in Geronimo 2.2, place a
template configuration file in the var/activemq folder, and while users add
a new broker on the admin console, still use that existed big edit box for
the users to display the copied configuration file, then package it as
bundle, save it in the repository and start it.
    Also, an ActiveMQ broker management configuration is required to record
all the added brokers, so that we could list all the started and stopped
brokers.
    Not sure whether there is a more OSGi-friendly way to do it.  Thoughts ?
--
Ivan

Re: How to support add a new broker in Geronimo 3.0

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.
>From the responses in the user mail list, we do find that there is people
using it. Our default ActiveMQ broker only contains some basic
configurations, it seems to me just like a demo. But I agree that this is
not of high priority, we might wait for some time to decide how to implement
it after some changes in Geronimo kernel. For now, think that we could just
try to make those broker info is listed, such as connector info, broker
name, etc.

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.