Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Renato Eschini <r....@inera.it> on 2007/03/16 10:55:58 UTC

Roller + CAS integration

Hi all,
I configured Roller + CAS.

When I tried to login on roller, it redirect me to CAS login, I entered
username and password and I saw in log that all is ok, so CAS redirect me on
roller and it's ok on log but on web page it print this message:

"Permission Denied
Possible causes:

  * You requested a weblog entry that you do not have permission to edit
(perhaps one you've already submitted for review?).
  * You tried to save an object from "stale" web page, left by an earlier
login under a different user account.
  * You logged in using incorrect capitalization of your username. To
resolve this problem, logout and login again with your correct username.
  * Your blog server's database connection is misconfigured. To resolve this
problem, see your system administrator."

If I go on "Main menu" it appears that all is ok  less then I creted a blog
and now roller tell me that there isn't blog creted yet.
If I go on "Create new weblog" or "Edit user profile" I catch an exception.

The exception is:
ERROR 2007-03-16 10:28:02,364 YourProfileAction:edit - ERROR in action
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.roller.ui.authoring.struts.forms.UserForm.copyFrom(UserForm.java:203)
	at
org.apache.roller.ui.core.struts.actions.YourProfileAction.edit(YourProfileAction.java:91)
	at
	at
	at
org.apache.struts.actions.DispatchAction.dispatchMethod(DispatchAction.java:276)
	at
org.apache.struts.actions.DispatchAction.execute(DispatchAction.java:196)
	at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:421)
	at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:226)
	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1164)
	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:397)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:237)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:157)
	at
org.apache.roller.ui.core.filters.RequestFilter.doFilter(RequestFilter.java:83)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:186)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:157)
	at
org.apache.roller.ui.rendering.filters.RequestMappingFilter.doFilter(RequestMappingFilter.java:140)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:186)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:157)
	at
org.apache.roller.ui.core.filters.InitFilter.doFilter(InitFilter.java:71)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:186)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:157)
	at
org.apache.roller.ui.core.filters.PersistenceSessionFilter.doFilter(PersistenceSessionFilter.java:60)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:186)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:157)
	at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:264)
	at
org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:107)
	at
org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:72)
	at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)
	at
org.acegisecurity.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:110)
	at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)
	at
org.acegisecurity.providers.anonymous.AnonymousProcessingFilter.doFilter(AnonymousProcessingFilter.java:125)
	at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)
	at
org.acegisecurity.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:217)
	at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)
	at
org.acegisecurity.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilter(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:191)
	at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)
	at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:148)
	at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java:90)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:186)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:157)
	at
org.apache.roller.ui.core.filters.SchemeEnforcementFilter.doFilter(SchemeEnforcementFilter.java:121)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:186)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:157)
	at
org.apache.roller.ui.core.filters.CharEncodingFilter.doFilter(CharEncodingFilter.java:104)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:186)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:157)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:214)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContextValve.java:198)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:152)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:137)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:118)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:102)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
	at
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:929)
	at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:799)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:705)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:577)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:683)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Can someone help me? I think that roller don't load user from its db.

If it is interesting to relase with roller I can send you my security.xml
for CAS.

Thanks all,

Renato

Re: Roller Acegi Documentation

Posted by paksegu <pa...@yahoo.com>.
Okay Thanks

Dave <sn...@gmail.com> wrote:  On 3/19/07, paksegu
wrote:
> Where can I find Roller Acegi Documentation? Thanks

At this point we don't provide any Acegi docs. We provide a
security.xml file that will work for a default Roller config and
expect customizers who want to change it to be Acegi experts.

- Dave

Ransford Segu-Baffoe

paksegu@yahoo.com
paksegu@NoqturnalMediaSystems.com

http://www.noqturnalmediasystems.com/
http://www.noqturnalmediasystems.com/Serenade/
https://serenade.dev.java.net/

---------------------------------
 Get your own web address.

Re: Roller Acegi Documentation

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

Re: Roller + CAS integration

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.
I know a fair amount about Acegi, but I've never integrated it with
CAS.  I'd suggest you get one of Acegi's sample applications working
with CAS first, then try Roller.

Matt

--
http://raibledesigns.com

Re: Roller + CAS integration

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

Re: Roller + CAS integration

Posted by Renato Eschini <r....@inera.it>.
any one has a solution?

Roller Acegi Documentation

Posted by paksegu <pa...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,
  Where can I find Roller Acegi Documentation? Thanks

Ransford Segu-Baffoe

paksegu@yahoo.com
paksegu@NoqturnalMediaSystems.com

http://www.noqturnalmediasystems.com/
http://www.noqturnalmediasystems.com/Serenade/
https://serenade.dev.java.net/

---------------------------------
Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.

Re: Roller + CAS integration

Posted by Renato Eschini <r....@inera.it>.

Dave Johnson-8 wrote:

> It appears that, after your CAS login, you user is not authenticated
> in Roller -- therefore the authenticated user is null and you get that
> Null Pointer Exception.
>
> Maybe you are missing the change that allows Roller to check with CAS
> to determine if the user is authenticated. Perhaps that is part of the
> Aceci security.xml configuration.
>
> I'm not really familiar with Acegi-CAS. What instructions are you
> following to do this integration?
>
> - Dave

ok dave, thanks for your replay.

I wrote my secuity,xml inspired by jamwiki and contact-cas in acegi-security

this is my security.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!--
    contributor license agreements.  The ASF licenses this file to You
    under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not
    use this file except in compliance with the License.
    You may obtain a copy of the License at

    limitations under the License.  For additional information regarding
    copyright in this work, please see the NOTICE file in the top level
    directory of this distribution.
    -->
<!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN"
          "http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd">

<beans>
  <bean id="propertyConfigurer"
    <property name="locations">
      <list>
        <value>classpath:cas.properties</value>
      </list>
    </property>
    </bean>
  <!-- ======================== FILTER CHAIN ======================= -->

    <bean id="filterChainProxy"
class="org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy">
      <property name="filterInvocationDefinitionSource">
        <value>
          CONVERT_URL_TO_LOWERCASE_BEFORE_COMPARISON
          PATTERN_TYPE_APACHE_ANT

/**=httpSessionContextIntegrationFilter,casProcessingFilter,anonymousProcessingFilter,exceptionTranslationFilter,filterInvocationInterceptor
        </value>
      </property>
  </bean>

  <!-- ======================== AUTHENTICATION ======================= -->

  <!-- Note the order that entries are placed against the
objectDefinitionSource is critical.
       The FilterSecurityInterceptor will work from the top of the list down
to the FIRST pattern that matches the request URL.
       Accordingly, you should place MOST SPECIFIC (ie a/b/c/d.*)
expressions first, with LEAST SPECIFIC (ie a/.*) expressions last -->
  <bean id="filterInvocationInterceptor"
class="org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor">
    <property name="authenticationManager" ref="authenticationManager"/>
    <property name="accessDecisionManager" ref="accessDecisionManager"/>
    <property name="objectDefinitionSource">
      <value>
        PATTERN_TYPE_APACHE_ANT
        /roller-ui/login-redirect.jsp=admin,editor
        /roller-ui/yourProfile**=admin,editor
        /roller-ui/createWebsite**=admin,editor
        /roller-ui/yourWebsites**=admin,editor
        /roller-ui/authoring/**=admin,editor
        /roller-ui/admin/**=admin
        /rewrite-status*=admin
      </value>
    </property>
  </bean>

  <bean id="authenticationManager"
class="org.acegisecurity.providers.ProviderManager">
    <property name="providers">
      <list>
        <ref local="casAuthenticationProvider"/>
       <!-- <ref local="daoAuthenticationProvider"/>-->
        <ref local="anonymousAuthenticationProvider"/>
        <!-- rememberMeAuthenticationProvider added programmatically -->
      </list>
    </property>
  </bean>

  <!-- Log failed authentication attempts to commons-logging -->
  <bean id="loggerListener"
class="org.acegisecurity.event.authentication.LoggerListener"/>

      <!-- Read users from database -->
      <bean id="jdbcAuthenticationDao"
class="org.acegisecurity.userdetails.jdbc.JdbcDaoImpl">
        <property name="dataSource">
          <bean class="org.springframework.jndi.JndiObjectFactoryBean">
            <property name="jndiName" value="java:comp/env/jdbc/rollerdb"/>
          </bean>
        </property>
        <property name="usersByUsernameQuery">
          <value>SELECT username,passphrase,isenabled FROM rolleruser WHERE
username = ?</value>
        </property>
        <property name="authoritiesByUsernameQuery">
          <value>SELECT username,rolename FROM userrole WHERE username =
?</value>
        </property>
      </bean>

      <bean id="userCache"
class="org.acegisecurity.providers.dao.cache.EhCacheBasedUserCache">
        <property name="cache">
          <bean
class="org.springframework.cache.ehcache.EhCacheFactoryBean">
            <property name="cacheManager">
              <bean
class="org.springframework.cache.ehcache.EhCacheManagerFactoryBean"/>
            </property>
            <property name="cacheName" value="userCache"/>
          </bean>
        </property>
      </bean>

      <bean id="anonymousAuthenticationProvider"
class="org.acegisecurity.providers.anonymous.AnonymousAuthenticationProvider">
        <property name="key" value="anonymous"/>
      </bean>

      <bean id="roleVoter" class="org.acegisecurity.vote.RoleVoter">
        <property name="rolePrefix" value=""/>
      </bean>

      <bean id="accessDecisionManager"
class="org.acegisecurity.vote.AffirmativeBased">
        <property name="allowIfAllAbstainDecisions" value="false"/>
        <property name="decisionVoters">
          <list>
            <ref local="roleVoter"/>
          </list>
        </property>
      </bean>

      <!-- ===================== HTTP REQUEST SECURITY ====================
-->
      <bean id="httpSessionContextIntegrationFilter"
class="org.acegisecurity.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter"/>

      <bean id="anonymousProcessingFilter"
class="org.acegisecurity.providers.anonymous.AnonymousProcessingFilter">
        <property name="key" value="anonymous"/>
        <property name="userAttribute" value="anonymous,ROLE_ANONYMOUS"/>
      </bean>

      <bean id="exceptionTranslationFilter"
class="org.acegisecurity.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter">
        <!--<property name="authenticationEntryPoint"
ref="authenticationProcessingFilterEntryPoint"/>-->
        <property name="authenticationEntryPoint"><ref
bean="casProcessingFilterEntryPoint"/></property>
      </bean>

      <!-- ========================= CAS Service Provider
========================= -->
      <bean id="serviceProperties"
class="org.acegisecurity.ui.cas.ServiceProperties">
        <property
    </bean>

    <!-- ======================== CAS Processing Filter
======================== -->
    <bean id="casProcessingFilter"
class="org.acegisecurity.ui.cas.CasProcessingFilter">
      <property name="authenticationManager"><ref
local="authenticationManager"/></property>
      <property
      <property
    </bean>

    <bean id="casProcessingFilterEntryPoint"
class="org.acegisecurity.ui.cas.CasProcessingFilterEntryPoint">
      <property
      <property name="serviceProperties"><ref
bean="serviceProperties"/></property>
    </bean>

    <bean id="casAuthenticationProvider"
class="org.acegisecurity.providers.cas.CasAuthenticationProvider">
      <property name="casAuthoritiesPopulator"><ref
local="casAuthoritiesPopulator"/></property>
      <property name="casProxyDecider"><ref
local="casProxyDecider"/></property>
      <property name="ticketValidator"><ref
local="casProxyTicketValidator"/></property>
      <property name="statelessTicketCache"><ref
local="statelessTicketCache"/></property>
    </bean>

   <bean id="casProxyTicketValidator"
class="org.acegisecurity.providers.cas.ticketvalidator.CasProxyTicketValidator">
      <property
     <!-- <property
      <property name="serviceProperties"><ref
local="serviceProperties"/></property>
      <property
    </bean>

    <bean id="cacheManager"
class="org.springframework.cache.ehcache.EhCacheManagerFactoryBean"/>

    <bean id="ticketCacheBackend"
class="org.springframework.cache.ehcache.EhCacheFactoryBean">
      <property name="cacheManager">
        <ref local="cacheManager"/>
      </property>
      <property name="cacheName">
        <value>ticketCache</value>
      </property>
    </bean>

   <bean id="statelessTicketCache"
class="org.acegisecurity.providers.cas.cache.EhCacheBasedTicketCache">
    </bean>

    <bean id="casAuthoritiesPopulator"
class="org.acegisecurity.providers.cas.populator.DaoCasAuthoritiesPopulator">
      <property name="userDetailsService"><ref
local="daoAuthenticationProvider"/></property>
    </bean>

    <bean id="casProxyDecider"
class="org.acegisecurity.providers.cas.proxy.RejectProxyTickets"/>

    <!-- +++++++++ Logging  +++++++++ -->

    <bean id="authenticationLoggerListener"
class="org.acegisecurity.event.authentication.LoggerListener"/>
    <bean id="authorizationLoggerListener"
class="org.acegisecurity.event.authorization.LoggerListener"/>

</beans>

THANKS A LOT!

Re: Roller + CAS integration

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.