Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Praveen Kumar <pd...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/12 14:50:25 UTC

Need deply new web service in tomcat server.

Hi All,

I need to talk with other web application  from my  my application

They  have given one hyperlink saying  http///xxxx.com/hhhh/axis
and  webservice  name  getMethodname   and asked me to send XML string.

So i started working on this.First  i deployed  axis(1.4) dir  to my
webapps/dir and started working on samples. means the /axis/XXXX at  IE.
and i have read  the documentation at axis web site.

pls  help me how to code this one !!

Thanks
Praveen.

--
Thanks
Domma Raju Praveen Kumar.

--
Thanks
Domma Raju Praveen Kumar.

RE: Transport out has not been set

Posted by "Kang, Kamaljeet K." <Ka...@tellabs.com>.
I checked again, I have all the jar files from ActiveMQ and Axis2 in my
classpath.

Thanks

Kamal

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Also you will want to check transport attribute in your for wsdl <binding
transport=

to quote the doc:
The value of the required transport attribute indicates which transport of
SOAP this binding corresponds to. The URI value
"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http " corresponds to the HTTP binding in
the SOAP specification. Other URIs may be used here to indicate other
transports (such as SMTP, FTP, etc.).

HTH
Martin--

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.

Re: Need deply new web service in tomcat server.

Posted by Praveen Kumar <pd...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for info.

--
Thanks
Domma Raju Praveen Kumar.

RE: Need deply new web service in tomcat server.

Posted by Raghu Upadhyayula <ru...@responsys.com>.
Praveen,

________________________________

Posted by Praveen Kumar <pd...@gmail.com>.
Hi ,

--
Thanks
Domma Raju Praveen Kumar.

Re: Need deply new web service in tomcat server.

Posted by Praveen Kumar <pd...@gmail.com>.
will work on this!!

Thanks
Praveen

--
Thanks
Domma Raju Praveen Kumar.

Re: Need deply new web service in tomcat server.

Posted by Duncan Thomson <du...@mitre.org>.
Praveen Kumar wrote:
> They have  given  URL and web service name and input  string format.
>
> That  means i am client  for that web application.

If you are just trying to code a client, all you need is something to generate "stub" code that will build a SOAP message, send it for you, and then interpret the response.

There are a couple of ways to do this.  One, as someone else has mentioned, is to use the Axis tools to generate your stub code.  (You do NOT need to actually have axis deployed to a web server to do this, you just need to run the client code generation tools.)

Another way is to use an IDE that knows how to create web service clients.  I have not had good luck with the Eclipse IDE and associated web service development packages.

I suggest you look into using the Netbeans IDE.  If you haven't used Netbeans before, you will need to spend some time working through the tutorials and getting used to the tool.  However, in my opinion, it's well worth it.  The latest version is Netbeans 5.5.1.  Also download and install the "Netbeans Enterprise Pack" - or have your sysadmin support do this for you.  Then, assuming you're programming in Java, just create a new project, and tell Netbeans you want to add a web service client.  It will ask you for the WSDL of the web service.  This is probably the URL you have been given.  It should be of the form http://bla.bla.com/ServiceName?WSDL.  Just give that to the IDE and let it generate all the stub code for you.  You'll then be able to drag and drop the web services operations into your java code, and it will generate for you all the details you need to invoke the web service operations.

Others will have different opinions regarding the best IDE to use, but I can tell you that when it comes to developing web services and web service clients, the latest Netbeans tools do a very good job.  Depending on your level of experience, expect a few weeks of learning time, after which you should be able to crank out the code to access web services in, literally, about 2 minutes.

Good luck.

Duncan

RE: Need deply new web service in tomcat server.

Posted by Praveen Kumar <pd...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks
Domma Raju Praveen Kumar.

RE: Need deply new web service in tomcat server.