Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by cm...@yahoo.com on 2000/09/12 05:35:44 UTC

RE: Case Sensitivity in URLs

> expense of supporting typical deployment environments. Again, such
> a feature may be indeed inappropriate and I'll shut up about it
> the second I hear a well-substantiated reason - 'it's a HACK' is
> not one of them.

Please stop this thread- if you want the problem to be solved please
create a patch and make it available.

I guess by now every commiter that is interested knows the problem
details. I will vote +1 on including the support for case insensitive if
it can be done as a module and it is disabled by default. I can't see any
reason anyone will vote -1 on this - but even if that happens you can
still post the patch on a public web site.

Arguing about what's right or wrong will not help - do whatever you have
to do to support your users ( and of course, upgrade your OS asap :-).

Costin