Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Borja Martín <bo...@dagi3d.net> on 2010/02/11 14:56:47 UTC

documents not deleted after database deletion

Hi,
I've noticed that if I delete a database and then create a new one with the
same previous name, all the documents it had are still there. Is this an
usual behaviour? I'm dropping the database because I found it the easiest
way to delete all the documents during the development phase. Maybe there is
another way to this...

Thanks in advance

Regards

--
def dagi3d(me)
 case me

Re: documents not deleted after database deletion

Posted by Borja Martín <bo...@dagi3d.net>.
Hi again,
I'll answer myself. There wasn't anything wrong at all. The problem was that
I had a hanged background process making requests to the couchdb database
all the time, so whenever I created the database again, it was filled with
the documents.
Sorry

Regards

Posted by David Coallier <da...@gmail.com>.
On 11 February 2010 13:56, Borja Martín <bo...@dagi3d.net> wrote:
> Hi,
> I've noticed that if I delete a database and then create a new one with the
> same previous name, all the documents it had are still there. Is this an
> usual behaviour? I'm dropping the database because I found it the easiest
> way to delete all the documents during the development phase. Maybe there is
> another way to this...

I have not encountered this behavior before and to be honest I delete
databases on nearly an hourly basis.

Some questions that may sounds stupid:
- Which version are you using?
- Do you have multiple server you are connected to with Futon?
- Have you tried an actual curl -X DELETE http://localhost:5984/dbname
? What's the answer you get from that?

Cheers :)

--