Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by rachun <ra...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/13 05:35:18 UTC

Limit amount of search result

Dear all gurus,

I would like to limit amount of search result, let's say I have many shop
which is selling shirt. So when I search "white shirt" I want to give a
maximum number per shop (ex. 5).

The result should be like this...
-> Shop A
-> Shop A
-> Shop B
-> Shop B
-> Shop B
-> Shop B
-> Shop B
-> Shop C
-> Shop C
-> Shop C

any suggestion would be very appreciate.

Thank you very much,
Chun.

Re: Limit amount of search result

Posted by Sameer Maggon <ma...@gmail.com>.
You are welcome!

Posted by rachun <ra...@gmail.com>.
hi Samee,

Posted by Sameer Maggon <sa...@measuredsearch.com>.
Chun,

Have you looked at Grouping / Field Collapsing feature in solr?

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/FieldCollapsing

If shop is one of your field, you can use field collapsing on that field
with a maximum of 'n' to return per field value (or group).

Sameer.
--
www.measuredsearch.com
tw: measuredsearch

On Wednesday, February 12, 2014, rachun <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all gurus,
>

> I would like to limit amount of search result, let's say I have many shop
> which is selling shirt. So when I search "white shirt" I want to give a
> maximum number per shop (ex. 5).
>
> The result should be like this...
> -> Shop A
> -> Shop A
> -> Shop B
> -> Shop B
> -> Shop B
> -> Shop B
> -> Shop B
> -> Shop C
> -> Shop C
> -> Shop C
>
> any suggestion would be very appreciate.
>
> Thank you very much,
> Chun.

Sameer Maggon
Founder, Measured Search