Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by "Eric Hanson (SQL SERVER)" <Er...@microsoft.com> on 2013/11/01 02:03:35 UTC

getting testreport with maven build, and getting lib folder to run end-to-end tests

In the new Hive maven build, after you run a test case, how do you do the equivalent of "ant testreport" and view the test output html file?

Also, I used to copy build\dist\lib to the lib folder of my one-box hive installation and run it to do end-to-end ad hoc testing of the newly compiled hive bits. Now the build\dist\lib folder is not there. How do I do the equivalent?

Can somebody put the answers into https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HiveDeveloperFAQ
too?

Thanks,
Eric

RE: getting testreport with maven build, and getting lib folder to run end-to-end tests

Posted by "Eric Hanson (SQL SERVER)" <Er...@microsoft.com>.
My workaround for looking at the output of one test is to eyeball the TEST*.xml file under

ql\target\surefire-reports

For people who are just changing code in ql, you can copy ql\target\hive-exec-0.13.0-SNAPSHOT.jar over the top of the old jar in the lib directory in your Hive installation, and you should be able to run end-to-end ad hoc tests from the Hive CLI.

Eric

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.