Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Wendell J Bouknight <bo...@us.ibm.com> on 2001/12/10 20:37:14 UTC

Further thought on WSDL Generation

I thought some more about the question I posed earlier...

Let's assume you deploy a MessageProvider Web Service (the AdminService is
a perfect example) which does RPC execution for you (directly or
indirectly)....you certainly wouldn't want to generate a WSDL for the
AdminService method, but instead functions which the AdminService service
would be inclined to recognize (if it was coded to do so).

 My question is this: Does/Shouldn't Axis ask the MessageProvider-based
Services for WSDLs which are custom generated?