Posted to general@commons.apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com> on 2002/11/07 16:36:37 UTC

License question

So I write open source stuff outside Apache. I like the Apache license. I
basically want to use the Apache license, but obviously I can't just go
around assigning code to the ASF without telling them.

What's the normal way to handle this? Do I just modify the Apache license
and do a s/Apache/Me? Is there a generic license out there which saves me
having to do this for each project?

Hen

Re: License question

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 8 Nov 2002 02:36, Henri Yandell wrote:
> So I write open source stuff outside Apache. I like the Apache license. I
> basically want to use the Apache license, but obviously I can't just go
> around assigning code to the ASF without telling them.
>
> What's the normal way to handle this? Do I just modify the Apache license
> and do a s/Apache/Me? Is there a generic license out there which saves me
> having to do this for each project?

At the moment - no. There is currently an Apache 2.0 license under development
and it is available in CVS somewhere. I believe it may be discussed at
ApacheCon if you are going or else you can try to subscribe to
licensing@apache.org. Technically the list is a list restricted to members so
you may have to convince the list admin that you should be on it :) (unless
you are a member)

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
|  Egoism is the drug that soothes the pain of stupidity.   |